U.S. ALUMNI OUTREACH GRANTS PROGRAM
U.S. EMBASSY IN YEREVAN
The U.S. Embassy in Yerevan, of the U.S. Department of State, announces the U.S. Alumni Outreach Grants Program competition for fiscal year 2019, aiming to maintain contacts with U.S. Government-funded exchange and training program alumni and to encourage networking among alumni and their colleagues in fields that promote democratic advancement, civic education, association building, youth empowerment, and economic reform.
Individual alumni of all U.S. Government (USG)-funded exchange and training programs (including ECA, USAID and USDA supported programs) as well as Armenian-registered NGOs (non-profit, non-governmental organization) that have USG alumni members are eligible to apply for funding.
The United States Embassy in Yerevan, Armenia, is pleased to announce the 2019 U.S. Alumni Outreach Small Grants Program competition. The program supports initiatives that promote democratic advancement, civic education, association building, youth empowerment, and economic reform. Program funds can be used for the following purposes:
- Support democratic initiatives that promote civic education and enhance the protection of human rights;
- Develop independent and diverse media in Armenia, strengthen investigative journalism and counter the dissemination of disinformation;
- Enhance cooperation among USG alumni, civil society, and the general public to eliminate corruption;
- Support initiatives that promote association building, alumni networking, youth empowerment and active citizenship;
- Enhance economic development, spur the startup community and entrepreneurial activities, including tourism in Armenia; and
- Promote reconciliation and lasting partnerships between the people of Armenia and Azerbaijan and/or Armenia and Turkey.
Grants should be used to carry out specific, concrete projects with measurable and realistic results. Project proposals should describe specific objectives, outcomes, and intended audiences, and should include a starting and ending date of the project that do not exceed twelve months. We encourage networking among alumni and cooperative projects between partnering NGOs. Involving the regions of Armenia in an aspect of the program is strongly encouraged.
All applications must be written in English and submitted online via the following links https://bit.ly/2HFVllO (for individual applicants), and https://bit.ly/2RYj85j (for organizations) by March 20, 2019, 18:00 local time.
More information is available at: https://www.usa.am/announce/grants.zip (ZIP 265 KB)
U.S. EMBASSY IN YEREVAN
Please state that you learned of this announsments from Youth Canal website.