UNITED NATIONS DEVELOPMENT PROGRAMME
(Midnight New York, USA)
Type of Contract: Internship
Post Level: Intern
Languages Required: English
Starting Date: (date when the selected candidate is expected to start) 01-Mar-2019
Duration of Initial Contract: 6 months
Expected Duration of Assignment: 6 months
UNDP in Armenia assists the Government of Armenia and civil society in meeting the country’s strategic development goals through creating capacity for innovative solutions to improve quality of life and well-being of people. In 2019, UNDP in Armenia, among other topics, will focus on the following programmatic areas: democratic governance, responsive public institutions, disaster risk reduction, environmental sustainability, inclusive growth schemes at local level, equality and inclusion.
Duties and Responsibilities
UNDP’s work in Armenia is guided by Country Programme Document and its Action Plan for 2016-2020, which is in line with the United Nations Development Assistance Framework for 2016-2020. To support UNDP’s country office team on gender equality, content development, communication, results-based management, monitoring and evaluation, Intern is recruited with the following duties and responsibilities:
Description of Duties and Responsibilities:
Under overall supervision of UNDP Armenia Senior Management and direct supervision of UNDP Results-Based Management and Gender Equality Programme Officer, Intern will perform the following functions:
- Assist in development of content, short films and other communication materials (stories, infographics, etc) on equality, inclusion, gender equality, women’s empowerment, sustainable development goals (SDGs) in different programmatic areas;
- Support in layout and design of communication materials;
- Assist in day-to-day results-based management, monitoring and evaluation functions;
- Support in programming functions, including checking compliance for reports, project documents, quality assurance and other parameters;
- Assist with written translation (Armenian, English);
- Make small researches and surveys on various topics, as required;
- Support in data collection, processing, analysis and spreadsheeting. Assist in preparation of presentations, reports and other written communication and documents;
- Support in organization of events, meetings, and workshops;
- Provide other support to programme and operations, as might be required.
- Strong analytical skills. Experience with researching, data collection and processing, preparing groundwork information, strong skill in spreadsheeting, data processing and presenting;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Proven strong organizational and logistics skills. Experience in organizing events in coordination with parties involved;
- Ability to approach work with energy and positive and constructive attitude;
- Ability to focus on a variety of tasks and effectively produce timely and quality outputs in a deadline-driven environment;
- High level of motivation, ability to show initiative and work independently;
- Ability to communicate sensitively and effectively;
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills;
- Demonstrated tact, high sense of responsibility and discretion;
- Previous successful experience with UNDP is an asset.
Required Skills and Experience
Education: Applicants to the UNDP Internship programme must at the time of application meet one of the following requirements:
- Be enrolled in a graduate school programme (second university degree or equivalent, or higher) in Social Sciences, Political Sciences, International Relations, Linguistics, Journalism or related disciplines;
- Be enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree programme (minimum Bachelor’s level or equivalent) in Social Sciences, Political Sciences, International Relations, Linguistics, Journalism or related disciplines;
- Have graduated with a university degree (as defined in (a) and (b) above) and, if selected, must start the internship within one-year of graduation.
Computer skills: Proficient in MS Word, Excel and Internet. Skills related to use of office IT equipment. Experience of uploading web-based data.
Languages: Excellent written and spoken Armenian and English. Russian is an asset.
Applications shall be submitted online through http://jobs.partneragencies.net website. Hard copy and incomplete applications will not be considered.
A complete application form shall consist of: a Letter of Motivation, on-linePersonal History Form (P11) or CV and copies of diploma(s). Other important information can be also attached to the application.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
UNDP does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
Please state that you learned of this vacancy from Youth Canal website.