AMERICAN UNIVERSITY OF ARMENIA
Full time (5 days/40 hours per week)
- Perform general office duties including responding to phone calls and walk-in inquiries, greeting visitors, organizing meetings, maintaining event calendars and files, fully managing the Director’s calendar maintaining databases, handling office communications, ordering supplies for the office, etc.
- Keep track of the orders of the inventory and prepare promotional packages for AUA guests.
- Give tours to the special guests of the University at two campuses of AUA.
- Prepare contracts using templates, arrange special terms with the lawyer, contact service providers as needed.
- Support the entire Communications Department with various needs.
- Transcribe interviews, write and translate video subtitles prepared by the Communications Department.
- Arrange photo and video shootings with photographers and participants at AUA.
- Provide support during AUA events according to assignments.
- Translate/interpret from English into Armenian and vice versa as assigned.
- Keep records of the department’s expenses, including the budget lines, dates, expense categories, as well as the records of the related events and service providers.
- Assist with reconciliation of the expenses with 1C accounting system information.
- Occasionally conduct online research of worldwide universities, various practices in the field of Communications and prepare reports, as assigned.
- Prepare and provide statistics and reports by requests.
- Assist with organizing art exhibitions at the AUA Akian Art Gallery including preliminary preparation, opening, and closing, as well as post-exhibition activities through:
- Arranging the delivery, framing (if needed), and storage of the paintings,
- Preparing list with all the information including pricing,
- Arranging the design/printing/dissemination of the exhibition program, as well as sending the invitations to the guests,
- Handling e-mail/phone communication with the purchasers of paintings, arranging the payment and delivery of the paintings,
- Following up with the Accounting Office on payments received, assisting with financial issues by providing information on expenses and incomes from the exhibition,
- Arranging the return of the unsold paintings to the artist
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the immediate supervisor(s).
- University Diploma in a relevant field.
- Good command of written/oral English and Armenian.
- Computer skills (MS Office, spreadsheets, database management).
- Relevant work experience of 1 year and more.
- Excellent interpersonal and team building skills with an ability to work in a fast-paced changing environment.
- Ability to work with a variety of constituencies.
How to apply: A letter of intent, Curriculum Vitae with the names and contact information for three referees should be sent to email@example.com with the subject heading “Administrative Assistant/Communications”. Only shortlisted applicants will be notified for interview.
AUA is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to an active non-discrimination program within the institution
AMERICAN UNIVERSITY OF ARMENIA
Please state that you learned of this vacancy from Youth Canal website.