CUSTOMER SERVICES AND EXAMS ASSISTANT
BRITISH COUNCIL ARMENIA
Yerevan | Armenia
35 hours per week
Reference number: DS20151889
Salary: 352,600 AMD (gross)
Working hours: From 10:00 to 18:00 from Monday to Friday (35 hours per week)
British Council Armenia is hiring Customer Services and Exams Assistant
- to provide professional integrated customer service across all the British Council sectors and in line with the Customer Service Excellence standards.
- to assist the English and Exams teams with the sales and delivery of the British Council Armenia examinations and preparation courses in line with the Quality and Compliance Assessment (QCA)/exams bodies required standards.
This is a key role for the office as it is the first point of contact with the British Council offices. The post holder needs to have strong customer service skills, excellent time management skills and create a good impression on our customers.
- Answer the customers’ enquiries (e-mail, phone, face to face, social media and other) in a professional manner and in line with British Council Customer Service standards, the Global Customer Services Policy and Framework and brand guidelines,
- Handle the complaints of the customers in an acceptable manner, in line with the Customer Service Excellence standards.
- Collect customer feedback by making clear notes on an enquiry/complaint, channelling them to relevant members of staff and ensuring the respond is given on time. Prepare a quarterly report of all enquiries by channel and theme.
- Assist with the registration processes for exams and English Preparation Course candidates (ensuring that relevant application process is completed and verifying that payment has been made), as well as with the post exams enquiries.
- Regularly communicate with the British Council Armenia team to ensure in depth-knowledge of the services, programmes and events offered through all programme areas in order to provide appropriate information to the customers on products and options.
Examinations and English Courses
- Prepare and handle relevant documents for the Exams, including processing exam papers in line with exam body/QCA/IELTS regulations and standards (unpacking, counting, logging, shredding materials securely).
- Carry out certain tasks on Exams systems (following up payments, overdue registrations, online application/documentation checks, result entry or confirmation, scanning for on-screen marking etc)
- Coordinate the organisation and delivery of Aptis tests.
- Organise the distance learning exams and dispatch of exams papers within the acceptable timeline of the specific examination board.
- Ensure confidentiality of exams papers, in accordance to the required standards.
- Follow the British Council processes and procedures for delivering high quality customer service in line with our standards.
- Assist the exams team with the scheduling of invigilators/examiners/markers and arrangement of double marking as appropriate through dedicated systems and offline.
- Act as an assessor for the QCA self-assessment quarterly.
- Assist the Exams team with the organisation of mandatory trainings for the venue staff.
- Coordinate the organisation of IELTS Preparation Courses and mock tests by arranging the registration and placement tests of interested candidates and the schedule of the teachers.
Financial and Administrative Support
- Arrange purchase orders and goods receipts in SAP on request and create vendors.
- Manage the incoming and outgoing mail of the office.
- Assist the English and Exams team with the travel arrangements of the guests (flight and hotel booking and transportation).
- Support the E&E team during presentations, events, exhibitions and promotional meetings.
Ensuring Compliance with internal policies
- Ensure that all aspects of the customer services activities and processes comply with the British Council codes of practice, regulations and policies including but not limited to our policies for Child Protection, Health & Safety, Equality Diversity and Inclusion, Data Management and Protection, and Environment.
Education: Degree level qualification. Qualification or completed vocational training in Sales or Customer Service is highly desirable.
Work experience: 2 years’ experience of customer services and/or sales in an international organisation.
Language requirements: Armenian – Native, Farsi – Highly desirable
Fluent written and spoken English (minimum C1 level) should be supported by Aptis or an internationally recognised English test (IELTS or similar). If the candidate meets all the essential requirements but doesn't have an English language certificate, an Aptis test will be carried out free of charge for such candidates after shortlisting. It should be noted, however, that certificates will not be granted in such cases. The results of the test will be used for the internal selection purposes only.
If you would like to take an Aptis test as a proof of your English language or would like to have the certificate for future job opportunities, you can do this through the staff.am job portal, by selecting the Aptis Writing and Speaking package. Please note that the Writing and Speaking package is the minimum required test for the purpose of this recruitment, but you may choose other packages if you wish and a 20% discount will be applied to any of these if the test is taken for the purpose of this recruitment. Please visit here to register for Aptis.
Interview: If shortlisted, you will be invited for an interview. Please note, that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
The British Council is committed to a policy of equality, diversity and inclusion and is keen to reflect the UK diversity principles and approaches at every level within the organisation. We welcome applications from all sections of the community. People with disability will be guaranteed an interview should they meet all the main job requirements, as highlighted in the role profile.
The British Council believe that all children have potential and that every child matter – everywhere in the world. The British Council affirms the position that all children have the right to be protected from all forms of abuse as set out in article 19, UNCRC 1989
How to apply:
Please fill in the online application form referring to the Role Profile and the British Council Behaviour Dictionary. All queries related to the job vacancy should be sent to the email@example.com e-mail address. No phone calls and CVs, please.
Please state that you learned of this vacancy from www.youthcanal.am website.