CONSULTANT ON RESOURCE MOBILIZATION AND FUNDRAISING
Yerevan | Armenia
Open to the nationals of Armenia only
Job Number: 520494
Locations: Europe and Central Asia Region: Armenia
Work Type: Consultancy
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfil their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child, a champion
The fundamental mission of UNICEF is to promote the rights of every child, everywhere, in everything the organization does — in programs, in advocacy and in operations. The equity strategy, emphasizing the most disadvantaged and excluded children and families, translates this commitment to children’s rights into action.
For UNICEF, equity means that all children have an opportunity to survive, develop and reach their full potential, without discrimination, bias or favoritism. To the degree that any child has an unequal chance in life — in its social, political, economic, civic and cultural dimensions — her or his rights are violated.
There is growing evidence that investing in the health, education and protection of a society’s most disadvantaged citizens — addressing inequity — not only will give all children the opportunity to fulfil their potential but also will lead to sustained growth and stability of countries. This is why the focus on equity is so vital. It accelerates progress towards realizing the human rights of all children, which is the universal mandate of UNICEF, as outlined by the Convention on the Rights of the Child, while also supporting the equitable development of nations.
How can you make a difference?
The purpose of this consultancy is to support Communication Officer and senior management in fundraising from the private sector and supporting broader engagement with business and key influencers in the private sector, including from diaspora.
Under the guidance of the Communication Officer, the Consultant will be responsible for the overall coordination, planning, development and realization of the country office’s private sector fundraising plan, in line with UNICEF’s global private sector strategy. The contractor will oversee and coordinate various fundraising channels and activities, ensure engaged and long-term partnerships, and drive revenue growth for the Country Programme.
Major tasks to be accomplished:
- In close consultation with the Communication Officer, and informed by clear analysis of the external environment, develop a comprehensive private sector plan targeting the audiences with strongest potential, including key influencers (major donors and foundations) and businesses.
- Provide analysis, planning, and implementation on all fundraising channels, as well as partnerships, with emphasis on achieving flexible and unrestricted resources.
- Stay abreast of key developments in the external environment as they affect fundraising, and continuously seeks new growth opportunities, and interpret and act upon these with the team. Likewise remain up to date with cutting edge developments across the sector and ensure these are applied as relevant.
- Help build and support a culture of innovation to drive fundraising growth.
- Provide accurate and timely reporting on subsequent results.
- Develop with the team a coherent annual workplan and budget covering each component of the strategy, including partnership prospect pipeline, investment cases, cultivation and solicitation, monitor work progress and ensure results are achieved on time and to required performance standards.
- Support Communication Officer to build support for PSFR goals from other teams within the country office through building effective collaborative relationships accordingly - notably to drive a strong brand and assure powerful content for fundraising, operational support for fundraising, and strong articulation of programmes for donors and partners, and compelling reporting.
- Assess and mitigate risk related to the private sector work, contributing to informed decisions on fundraising operations and the overall engagement with the private sector.
- Develop existing and new relationships with external suppliers to optimize the provision of fundraising services.
- Take an active role in identifying, approaching and negotiating relationships with key influencers and business. Assure effective concepts for engagement with partners are developed with programme and communications teams.
- Support Communication Officer in leveraging the non-financial aspects of key influencers and business.
- The private sector plan developed for the country office is aligned with UNICEF’s global private sector strategy and is translated into concrete plans and measurable goals.
- Goals set out in the country office’s private sector plan are achieved, which will help enable UNICEF to achieve programme goals at the national level.
- Plans are implemented, monitored and evaluated efficiently and effectively in order to maximize results.
UNICEF reserves the right to withhold all or a portion of payment if performance is unsatisfactory, if work/outputs is incomplete, not delivered or for failure to meet deadlines (fees reduced due to late submission: 20 days - 10%; 1 month-20%; 2 months-50%; more 2 months – payment withhold). All materials developed will remain the copyright of UNICEF and that UNICEF will be free to adapt and modify them in the future. This ToR is an integral part of the contract (PO) signed with the consultant.
Time-Frame: The person will work for a period of 11 months (April 2019 – March 2020). The exact schedule of the activities will be agreed based on implementation progress.
Qualifications or specialized knowledge/experience required:
- An advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in one of the following fields is required: Business Administration, Marketing, Communications, Fundraising, Management or another relevant technical field.
- Alternatively, a first level university degree (Bachelor’s degree or equivalent) in combination with qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- A minimum of 3 years of professional experience in private sector fundraising is required, with progressively increasing responsibilities, including direct responsibility for setting and meeting income targets.
- Relevant marketing experience will be considered as contributing to this work experience.
- Experience in, and knowledge of, the country context is an asset.
- Strong networking and negotiation skills are required.
- Strong communications skills, verbal and written in Armenian and English are required.
Procedures and logistics:
In case if the Consultant needs to travel in order to perform his/her assignment, adequate resources will be allocated from the project funds to cover travel expenses of the consultant in accordance with the existing UNICEF travel policy.
The Consultant is expected to work from the UNICEF Armenia office, where he/she will be provided with proper conditions for work, including computer and other necessary equipment. Consultant is also expected to have and responsibly use UNICEF email account for communication with internal UNICEF staff and external partners in line with UNICEF’s policy on Acceptable Use of Information Technology Resources and Non-disclosure.
UNICEF in Armenia does not arrange health insurance coverage for the consultant. UNICEF requires individual contractors/consultants to be medically insured for the contracting period.
UNICEF in Armenia reserves the right not to pay the Contractor or withhold part of the payable amount if one or more requirements established for this assignment is not met or deadline set for the accomplishment of the tasks is missed.
Terms of the application: Applications should include:
- Cover letter;
- Please include links to fundraising campaigns that you have managed in your CV.
Please note that incomplete applications will not be considered.
All qualified applicants are strongly encouraged to apply online, using the UNICEF E-Recruitment system and following online application link found at: http://jobs.unicef.org/cw/en-us/job/520494?lApplicationSubSourceID. Please note that incomplete applications will not be considered.
Mobility is a condition of international professional employment with UNICEF and an underlying premise of the international civil service.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
Please state that you learned of this vacancy from www.youthcanal.am website.