ECOTOURISM PROJECT MANAGER
SUNCHILD ECO TOURS
Yerevan | Armenia (with frequent travel in the region)
Full-time | Contractual
OPEN TO/ ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA: All qualified candidates
SunChild Eco Tours is FPWC’s (Foundation for the Preservation of Wildlife and Culture Assets) eco-tourism project. The project’s objective is to connect community development and nature conservation with a sustainable tourism concept basing on the idea to promote Armenia as an ideal destination for nature lovers.
Sub task: Manager of the Eco-training Center in Caucasus Wildlife Refuge (CWR)
An important pillar of SunChild Eco Tours is the Urtsadzor Eco-center, located in FPWC's protected area the Caucasus Wildlife Refuge (CWR) nearby Khosrov Forest State Reserve. The Eco-center is an ideal starting point for outdoor activities, including hiking, horseback riding, and wildlife watching. The Center has four sleeping rooms (up to 8 person), kitchen, two bathrooms, cockloft for overnight in sleeping bags (up to 30 person) and big hall offering comfortable accommodation as well as a good venue for organization of conferences, workshops and seminars.
The Ecotourism Project Manager acts as the focal point to address all ecotourism related technical matters of the FPWC.
- Action Plan Development and Implementation
- Work Plan Development and Implementation
- Strategy Development and Implementation
- Overall Tourism Management (including bookings, guiding etc)
- Partnership Development and Networking (Interact with donors, Government, partners, communities, other NGOs with an interest in ecotourism)
- Monitoring and Evaluation, Reporting
- Communications (Good knowledge in social media, online marketing tools)
This Job Description covers the main tasks and conveys the spirit of the sort of tasks that are anticipated proactively from staff. Other tasks may be assigned as necessary according to organizational needs.
Education and experience:
- Bachelor's Degree; Master's preferred in natural resources management, environmental or conservation management, development studies, tourism management
- Minimum two years’ experience of relevant work.
Experience of working in international and/or non-governmental agencies would be an advantage.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Excellent knowledge of English, Russian and Armenian languages
- Ability and willingness to work in villages
- Ability to travel and stay overnight if necessary
- Problem analysis and assessment
- Judgment and problem solving
- Planning and organizing
- Information gathering and monitoring
- Coaching skills
SALARY: Based on qualifications and work experience.
APPLICATION PROCEDURES: Please send your CV, motivation letter, and three recommendation letters to the following address: email@example.com mentioning "Ecotourism manager” in the subject line of your message.
Please state that you learned of this vacancy from www.youthcanal.am website.
Established in 2002, the Foundation for the Preservation of Wildlife and Cultural Assets (FPWC) is Armenia’s leading foundation for the protection and conservation of the country’s unique natural heritage. Working at the crossroads of wildlife protection, environmental education, as well as community and infrastructure development, the foundation emphasizes the involvement of rural populations in the sustainable development of Armenia. In all its projects, FPWC advocates for mutual respect between human beings, the natural environment, and cultural heritage, as these are indispensable conditions for the positive development of Armenia.