SENIOR SECTOR SPECIALIST: WASTE MANAGEMENT SYSTEM ASSESSMENT
Yerevan | Armenia
Open until filled
Program and Position Description:
Development Transformations (DT) is actively seeking a Senior Sector Specialist to produce a report to inform the Government of Armenia of the feasibility of application of pyrolysis and plasma gasification technologies in Armenia. The waste management system in Armenia is underdeveloped and the level of waste collection services in the Republic of Armenia, apart from the city of Yerevan, is far from sufficient, even in communities where waste disposal is carried out. Currently, the Government of Armenia is looking for solutions to municipal solid waste (MSW) issues and to implement waste management in a holistic, economical and efficient manner, specifically through the use of pyrolysis technology and plasma gasification technology.
The ideal candidate will possess advanced technical and financial skills, including knowledge and experience on waste-to-energy technologies; knowledge of the renewable energy sector in Armenia; experience in MSW-related projects; and, a demonstrated track record in similar work. This is a full-time position for a period of 20 weeks with work beginning immediately. The Senior Sector Specialist with be reporting directly to a DT Director as assigned upon selection. Click here to learn more about Development Transformations.
- Evaluate economic expedience of the application of pyrolysis and plasma gasification technology in the Armenian context;
- Assess feasibility of introduction of pyrolysis and plasma gasification technologies in the regions;
- Suggest optimal quantity and composition of waste, as well as equipment for pyrolysis technology when application of pyrolysis plant is justified;
- Propose business model with calculations for at least 3 scenarios (based on different locations);
- Assess whether proposed business models are in line with MSW tariffs defined by the RA legislation;
- List names of materials to be produced and their potential use;
- Identify market for the pyrolysis/plasma gasification products and prices for realization as well as possible buyers;
- List and provide a brief description of companies in Armenia that use pyrolysis technology;
- Provide environmental and health risk analysis for both technologies;
- Suggest proven international examples of the application of pyrolysis technology; and,
- Suggest proven international examples of the application of plasma gasification technology; and,
- Identify any barriers to introduction of the pyrolysis and plasma gasification technologies and propose options for addressing them.
- An inception report which will outline the structure of the full report at 3 weeks;
- A draft report at 15 weeks; and,
- A final report reflecting the consultations undertaken within the agreed upon timeframe at 20 weeks.
Required Experience and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field required, advanced degree preferred;
- Extensive experience in and knowledge of energy sector and/or waste management work;
- Experience in MSW-related projects;
- Technical and financial skills relevant to the above scope of work;
- Experience in post-Communist transition countries preferred;
- Experience with the Armenian energy sector preferred;
- Excellent oral communication and writing skills to effectively present information;
- Capacity to work independently, accomplish goals with little supervision, and seek resources and help when needed;
- Self-starter, entrepreneurial attitude, and exceptional organization skills required; and,
- Fluency in Armenian or Russian preferred, but not required.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Development Transformations, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity, or national origin. Development Transformations, LLC prohibits discriminating against employees and job applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose the compensation of the employee or applicant or another employee or applicant.
APPLY ON COMPANY SITE
Please state that you learned of this vacancy from www.youthcanal.am website.