(FS - 7)
U.S. EMBASSY IN ARMENIA
Yerevan | Armenia
Full Time (40 hours per week)
Announcement Number: Yerevan-2019-015T
Vacancy Time Zone: GMT+4
Series/Grade: FS - 1405 7
Salary: Not Specified
Promotion Potential: FS-7
Telework Eligible: No
Hiring Path: Open to the public
Who May Apply/Clarification From the Agency: For USEFM - FS is 7. Actual FS salary determined by Washington D.C.
- U.S. Citizen Eligible Family Members (USEFMs) - All Agencies
Security Clearance Required: Secret
Appointment Type: Permanent
Appointment Type Details: Definite not to Exceed 5 years
Marketing Statement: We encourage you to read and understand the Eight (8) Qualities of Overseas Employees before you apply.
Start date: Candidate must be able to begin working within a reasonable period of time of receipt of agency authorization and/or clearances/certifications or their candidacy may end.
Supervisory Position: No
Relocation Expenses Reimbursed: No
Travel Required: Not Required
Basic Function of the Position – The employee assists consular officers in providing routine and special consular services to American Citizens (AmCits) in Armenia. Primary duties including determining the AmCits’ service needs, dispensing comprehensive information about consular services, accepting and processing routine passport and CRBA applications, performing notarial, maintaining the warden notification system, and serving as editor of the quarterly newsletter. The incumbent also verifies the identity of visa applicants, collects biometrics, and processes Security Advisory Opinions for visa applicants.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EVALUATIONS
Requirements: Successful prior completion of the 31-day Consular Course (PC530) within the last five years is required.
Education Requirements: A high school diploma is required.
LANGUAGE: Level IV (fluent) English, reading and speaking (this may be tested)
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY (EEO): The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
Qualifications: All applicants under consideration will be required to pass medical and security certifications.
BENEFITS AND OTHER INFO
Agency Benefits: For EFMs, benefits should be discussed with the Human Resources Office.
HIRING PREFERENCE SELECTION PROCESS: Applicants in the following hiring preference categories are extended a hiring preference in the order listed below. Therefore, it is essential that these applicants accurately describe their status on the application. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not eligible for a hiring preference.
HIRING PREFERENCE ORDER:
- AEFM / USEFM who is a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran*
- AEFM / USEFM
- FS on LWOP and CS with reemployment rights **
* IMPORTANT: Applicants who claim status as a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran must submit a copy of their most recent DD-214 (“Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty”), equivalent documentation, or certification. A “certification” is any written document from the armed forces that certifies the service member is expected to be discharged or released from active duty service in the armed forces under honorable conditions within 120 days after the certification is submitted by the applicant. The certification letter should be on letterhead of the appropriate military branch of the service and contain (1) the military service dates including the expected discharge or release date; and (2) the character of service. Acceptable documentation must be submitted in order for the preference to be given.
** This level of preference applies to all Foreign Service employees on LWOP and CS with re-employment rights back to their agency or bureau.
For more information (i.e., what is an EFM, USEFM, AEFM, MOH, etc.?) and for additional employment considerations, please visit the following link.
HOW TO APPLY
How to Apply: All candidates must be able to obtain and hold a Secret clearance.
To apply for this position click the “Submit Application” button. For more information on how to apply visit the Mission internet site.
Required Documents: Please provide the required documentation listed below with your application:
- Copy of Orders/Assignment Notification (or equivalent)
- Passport copy
- Degree (not transcript)
- DD-214 - Member Copy 4, Letter from Veterans’ Affairs, or other supporting documentation (if applicable)
- SF-50 (if applicable)
Applicants who are invited to take a language or skills test, or who are selected for an interview will be contacted via email.
For further information - the complete position description listing all of the duties, responsibilities, required qualifications, etc. may be obtained by contacting the Human Resources Office.
Thank you for your application and your interest in working at the U.S. Mission in Yerevan, Armenia.
Apply through ERA (Electronic Recruitment Application)
For More Info:
Please state that you learned of this vacancy from www.youthcanal.am website.