Yerevan | Armenia
Open until filled
Minimum Experience: Mid-level
We at Rockbite are building cool games millions enjoy. Creating games is really complex but also extremely rewarding. So the dev team enjoys both the process of cracking hard engineering problems and playing or seeing others play the game in the end.
Did you start programming to create games and understand the magic there in the first place? Do you feel your engineering superpowers are mature enough to play seriously? The time has come, go for your dream!
As Game Engineer at Rockbite Games your crazy day will be like this:
- Getting involved in all parts of game development (Graphics, Gameplay, Server-side, UI engineering, etc.)
- Use all or part of our tech stack: Java, libGDX, OpenGL, Scene2D, Spring, RoboVM, Jenkins, NodeJS, MongoDB, Kryo, etc
- Work on Deep Town or the new title
- Closely cooperate with artists, game designers and community managers to create neat games
- Contribution to game ideas discussion and evolution
What is the loot we expect you already carry?
- You enjoy all parts of software engineering
- 2+ years of your life were extensive and meaningful software engineering experience in Java
- You’ve digged deep into CS fundamentals(Algorithm Complexity, Data Structures, etc.)
- You can easily dive into Math and Geometry problem solving(e.g. circle equation, trigonometric functions, etc.)
- You are driven to polish and hone your professional skills and mindset until the end of time
- You love games and gamedev
The following will make you Rockbite-cool candidate, but is not a must:
- Experience using libGDX/OpenGL or other low-level 2D graphics lib (e.g. box2D)
- Knowledge of animations(sprite or Spine) and particle effects
- Experience with any other programming language(C++, JS, C#, C,etc.)
- Have experience creating a game for fun or for the business
What will you love here?
- Competitive salaries, we’re creating great teams, and take good care of them
- Ship games for millions of players worldwide
- Be part of one of the most successful startups in Armenia
- Travel to international game conferences
- Work with teams that inspire you to grow and do more
This sounds like THAT job for you? Apply below and let the games begin!
Apply on Company site
Please state that you learned of this vacancy from www.youthcanal.am website.