DATA AND MACHINE LEARNING SCIENTIST
TUMO CENTER FOR CREATIVE TECHNOLOGIES
Yerevan | Armenia
Open until filled
Do you love data? Are you passionate about making a difference for thousands of Armenian teens? Then we’re looking for you!
At TUMO, we have lots of data. Data from about students, data about workshops, data about classes, we even have data about public holidays in Armenia and around the world…. And that’s just the beginning! We are looking for someone to help us make sense of all the data we collect to help us drive efficiency and improve the experience of our students - and to lay the foundations for our machine learning journey!
Join us at TUMO’s very own in-house software product team as we build a cutting edge, AI driven online learning platform to be scaled from Paris to Moscow, right through to every town and city in Armenia!
You’ll be working in an energetic, dynamic team with people from Artsakh, London, Yerevan, Etchmiadzin, Paris, and beyond; a group of people who are passionate about what they do. You’ll use our cutting edge data warehouse to gather reports, create new data aggregations, queries and use it to train our machine learning algorithms that will help our students to find their most effective learning path.
- Work with stakeholders and team members to identify data analysis requirements
- Mine and analyze data from databases to create custom queries, dashboards and aggregations
- Ensure our engineering team are always thinking in a ‘data first’ mindset.
- Ensure the integrity of our data model by working with our engineers
- Develop custom data models and algorithms to apply to data sets.
- Use predictive modeling algorithms to identify trends and predictions in the data
- Coordinate with different functional teams to implement models and monitor outcomes.
- Develop processes and tools to monitor and analyze model performance and data accuracy.
- Strong problem solving skills with an emphasis on product development.
- Strong statistical engineering background (R, Python, SQL, etc.) to manipulate data and draw insights from large data sets.
- Experience working with and creating data architectures.
- Knowledge of a variety of machine learning techniques (clustering, decision tree learning, artificial neural networks, etc.) and their real-world application
- Knowledge of advanced statistical techniques and concepts (regression, properties of distributions, statistical tests and proper usage, etc.) and experience with applications.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills for coordinating across teams.
- A drive to learn and master new technologies and techniques.
- building statistical models, has a Master’s or PHD in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science or another quantitative field, and is familiar with the following software/tools:
- Knowledge and experience in statistical and data mining techniques: GLM/Regression, Random Forest, Boosting, Trees, text mining, social network analysis, etc.
- Experience querying databases and using statistical computer languages: R, Python, SQL, etc.
- Experience creating and using advanced machine learning algorithms and statistics: regression, simulation, scenario analysis, modeling, clustering, decision trees, neural networks, etc.
- Experience using cloud computing services is desirable: Azure, Google Cloud, Amazon Web Services, DigitalOcean, etc
- Experience analyzing data from 3rd party providers: Google Analytics, Site Catalyst, Coremetrics, Adwords, Crimson Hexagon, Facebook Insights, etc.
- Experience with distributed data/computing tools: Elasticsearch, Kibana, Google BigQuery, Google Data Studio, Map/Reduce, Hadoop, Hive, Spark, Gurobi, MsSQL, etc.
- Experience visualizing/presenting data for stakeholders using: Periscope, Business Objects, ECharts, D3, ggplot, etc.
What you get from us:
- Using the latest Lean & Agile techniques, you’ll be working to scale our education apps around the world
- 20 days annual leave in addition to public holidays
- We want you to grow, and develop: you’ll get priority access to the numerous tech events happening here at the TUMO center
- Opportunities for travel to conferences
- A competitive salary
- Employee benefits including discounts off retail and gym members
- Every team member gets his or her birthday as paid vacation!
- Health insurance!
- An awesome coffee machine :)
Please state that you learned of this announsments from www.youthcanal.am website.