COMPUTER CONTROL CLERK (INFORMATION MANAGEMENT CLERK)
U.S. EMBASSY IN ARMENIA
Yerevan | Armenia
Permanent | Full Time (40 number of hours per week)
Announcement Number: Yerevan-2019-017
Vacancy Time Zone: GMT+4
Series/Grade: FP - 1825 8
Salary: Not Specified
Promotion Potential: FP-8
Telework Eligible: No
Hiring Path: Open to the public
Who May Apply/Clarification From the Agency: For USEFM - FP is 8. Actual FS salary determined by Washington D.C.
- U.S. Citizen Eligible Family Members (USEFMs) - All Agencies
Security Clearance Required: Top Secret
Appointment Type Details: Definite not to Exceed 5 years
Marketing Statement: We encourage you to read and understand the Eight (8) Qualities of Overseas Employees before you apply.
Start date: Candidate must be able to begin working within a reasonable period of time (8 weeks) of receipt of agency authorization and/or clearances/certifications or their candidacy may end.
Supervisory Position: No
Relocation Expenses Reimbursed: No
Travel Required: Not Required
Basic Function of the Position –
The incumbent is responsible for assisting with the maintenance of a wide range of information management systems, as well as providing assistance with the administration, analysis and security of the classified and unclassified networks at the U.S. Mission. The incumbent assists with the administration of one classified network and one unclassified network. These networks include the State Department ClassNet and OpenNet. The position also supports an array of other USG agencies and USG visitors.
EXPERIENCE: At least 2 years’ experience as system administrator or experience that includes installing and configuring software and hardware components, working with servers, switches, and routers, setting up email accounts, workstations, and mapping network printers and other IT peripherals, troubleshooting user and network issues.
JOB KNOWLEDGE: Good working knowledge of computer and information systems.
Education Requirements: Completion of High School is required.
Evaluations: LANGUAGE: Level III (good working knowledge) is required. (this may be tested)
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY (EEO): The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
Qualifications: All applicants under consideration will be required to pass medical and security certifications.
BENEFITS AND OTHER INFO
Locally Employed Staff, including Members of Household (MOHs), and Third-Country Nationals (TCNs), working at the U.S. Mission in Yerevan may receive a compensation package that may include health, separation, and other benefits.
For EFMs, benefits should be discussed with the Human Resources Office.
The pay plan is assigned at the time of the conditional offer letter by the HR Office.
HIRING PREFERENCE SELECTION PROCESS: Applicants in the following hiring preference categories are extended a hiring preference in the order listed below. Therefore, it is essential that these applicants accurately describe their status on the application. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not eligible for a hiring preference.
HIRING PREFERENCE ORDER:
- AEFM / USEFM who is a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran*
- AEFM / USEFM
- FS on LWOP and CS with reemployment rights **
* IMPORTANT: Applicants who claim status as a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran must submit a copy of their most recent DD-214 (“Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty”), equivalent documentation, or certification. A “certification” is any written document from the armed forces that certifies the service member is expected to be discharged or released from active duty service in the armed forces under honorable conditions within 120 days after the certification is submitted by the applicant. The certification letter should be on letterhead of the appropriate military branch of the service and contain (1) the military service dates including the expected discharge or release date; and (2) the character of service. Acceptable documentation must be submitted in order for the preference to be given.
** This level of preference applies to all Foreign Service employees on LWOP and CS with re-employment rights back to their agency or bureau.
For more information (i.e., what is an EFM, USEFM, AEFM, MOH, etc.?) and for additional employment considerations, please visit the following link.
HOW TO APPLY
How to Apply:
All candidates must be able to obtain and hold a TS and Crypto clearance.
To apply for this position click the “Submit Application” button. For more information on how to apply visit the Mission internet site.
Required Documents: Please provide the required documentation listed below with your application:
- Copy of Orders/Assignment Notification (or equivalent)
- Passport copy
- DD-214 - Member Copy 4, Letter from Veterans’ Affairs, or other supporting documentation (if applicable)
- SF-50 (if applicable)
- High School Diploma
Applicants who are invited to take a language or skills test, or who are selected for an interview will be contacted via email.
For further information - the complete position description listing all of the duties, responsibilities, required qualifications, etc. may be obtained by contacting the Human Resources Office.
Thank you for your application and your interest in working at the U.S. Mission in Yerevan.
Apply through ERA (Electronic Recruitment Application)
For More Info:
Please state that you learned of this vacancy from www.youthcanal.am website.