INTERNATIONAL PROJECT MANAGER
Green Agriculture Initiative in Armenia (EU-GAIA)
AUSTRIAN DEVELOPMENT AGENCY
Yerevan | Armenia
12 months, with the possibility for extension
Open until filled
The Austrian Development Agency (ADA), the operational unit of the Austrian Development Cooperation (ADC), is looking for an international Project Manager (full time, f/m) for the project “EU Green Agriculture Initiative in Armenia” (EU-GAIA).
- Background and Introduction
The Austrian Development Agency (ADA) has been delegated by the European Union (EU) to implement a strategic project focusing on development of Green Agriculture in Armenia (EU-GAIA). The overall objective of the action is to contribute to the realization of shared and balanced inclusive growth in the Northern provinces of Armenia through boosting green agriculture and enhancing local value added by focusing on the following specific objectives:
Specific Objective 1: The policy, legal and institutional environment is conducive to green agriculture development;
Specific Objective 2: Selected agribusinesses have better access to infrastructure, green technologies, good agricultural practices and markets;
Specific Objective 3: Selected agribusinesses are more competitive through access to inputs, equipment, infrastructures and services;
Specific Objective 4: Selected organic agribusinesses are more competitive through access to inputs, equipment, infrastructures and services;
The project worth 11.7 Mio. Euros will be implemented over a period of 42 months. To support the ADC Office for Technical Cooperation in Yerevan (OTC) in ensuring a successful implementation of this project, ADA is recruiting an experienced International Project Manager for a maximum of 45 months (including the closure period) starting in September 2019.
Austria Development Cooperation (ADC) has a long-standing partnership with the Government of Armenia, which has been a priority partner country since 2012. The Austrian Development Agency (ADA), the operational unit of the ADC, supports its partner countries in implementing programmes and projects and achieving the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). ADA’s focus in Armenia lies on projects in agriculture and good governance.
Further background information and documents regarding ADC’s engagement in Armenia are available on our homepage www.entwicklung.at.
- Detailed Terms of Reference
Under the direct supervision of the Head of Office for Technical Cooperation (OTC), the international Project Manager will be responsible for detailed planning, initiating, facilitating and managing project activities and measuring performance and reporting on project results and outcomes. This position is based in OTC in Yerevan with frequent trips to Armenian provinces and occasionally abroad.
The duration of the project is 42 months.
- Set up the project team in close coordination with the Head of OTC and ADA Head Office (HO);
- Assure overall technical and financial management (under the supervision of the ADA OTC);
- Lead and supervise the project team in Yerevan and in the field office (approx. 10 staff);
- Select short-term experts, provide overall coordination and monitoring of the experts’ performance;
- Oversee procurement procedures and make decision on direct awards within the signatory authorities;
- Coordinate and supervise the activities of the project staff, experts and consultants;
- Coordinate the project implementation with UNDP Project Management Unit;
- Regularly monitor and analyze the project environment and timely adjust the implementation as needed in line with EU and ADA regulations;
- Effectively liaise (serve as the project key liaison) with government counterparts and the donor EU Delegation, as well as with the project stakeholders, beneficiaries, other donors and the public to develop professional relationships;
- Organize Advisory Board meetings and assure implementation of its recommendations;
- Ensure compliance with ADA’s Environmental, Gender and Social Impact Management (EGSIM) Manual
- Coordinate monitoring activities including backstopping missions from HO, analysis and aggregation of data collected;
- Contract and support the audits and external evaluations;
- Regularly monitor the risks as well as develop and implement risk mitigation measures;
- Prepare regular project reports and coordinate the reporting process with the ADA and UNDP project team members;
- Ensure the implementation of visibility measures in accordance with EU rules and regulations. Carry out any other duties as required by the Supervisor.
- Responsibilities and Coordination
The Head of the ADC Regional Coordination Office in Tbilisi has the overall responsibility concerning all disciplinary, organisational and contractual matters of this employment. The International Project Manager will be responsible for overall project management, guidance and supervision of the project team. Close cooperation with the Programme Management Team of OTC in Yerevan and with the responsible Programme Manager - based at ADA headquarters in Vienna - is required. Coordination and cooperation with local and regional authorities and institutions, as well as with non-governmental partners, is a core task of the assignment.
- Requirements and Qualifications
- University degree in agriculture/rural development, business or public administration, development studies, economics or other related field; post-graduate degree (Master level or higher) is an asset;
- At least 10 years of relevant working experience in managing international development programmes and projects; Successful experience with EU or ADC funded projects is considered an asset;
- At least 5 years work experience in agri-food sector; experience with policy related issues is an asset;
- Sound understanding of donor procedures and rules applicable to funding received from large institutional donors, in particular with European Union external actions;
- Proven experience and track-record in project/programme management and in project cycle management (including monitoring and evaluation);
- Experience in agriculture and/or market system development would be an asset;
- Experience with organic agriculture is considered a special advantage;
- Understanding of international development cooperation principles and quality standards, including cross-cutting issues is highly desirable;
- Prior experience in the former Soviet Union, in particular Armenia, is an advantage;
- Excellent written and oral communication/reporting, representation skills in English are required. Knowledge of Armenian or Russian is considered an important advantage. Good German skills would be an advantage;
- Demonstrated gender, diversity and environmental competence, ability to integrate the gender perspective into tasks and activity;
- Good knowledge of the issue of climate change in relation to Agriculture is considered an advantage;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, especially Outlook, Word and Excel applications;
- Ability and willingness to travel within Armenia and occasionally abroad;
- Excellent interpersonal/social and communication skills;
- Adherence to highest standards of ethics;
- Valid driving license (category B) is an asset;
- Self-motivation, decisiveness and hands-on mentality;
- Ability to effectively coordinate a multi-disciplinary team of staff, experts and consultants;
- Ability to work in multinational and multicultural environment.
The minimum salary for this position depends on qualification and experience and is based on a full-time employment.
- How to apply
The assignment is scheduled to commence on 2nd of September 2019. Contract duration: 12 months, with the possibility for extension.
If you wish to apply for this position, please upload the Cover Letter and CV, as well as other relevant documents to www.entwicklung.at/ada/karriere with the subject line “International Project Manager”.
ADA retains the discretion to re-advertise the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, or to offer an appointment with a modified job description or for a different duration.
Women are particularly encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence and no application fees or information with respect to bank account details are required by ADA for our recruitment process. Please note that in the event of an invitation for an interview, ADA is unable to reimburse costs incurred. Candidates must expect that references from previous employers will be requested by ADA. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Apply on Company site
Please state that you learned of this vacancy from www.youthcanal.am website.