CHIEF OF PARTY
Open until filled
Job Category: International Development
Business Line: Management Services
Business Group: Management Services Group (MS)
Requisition/Vacancy No. 202117BR
Clearance Required: No
AECOM seeks a Chief of Party for a potential program in Armenia.The Chief of Party (COP) serves as the project team’s chief operating officer, solving problems in short time frames while ensuring operational and programmatic integrity. Working as One Team with the USG Country Representative and team, the COP facilitates in-country relations with relevant USG and local entities; provides oversight of grant and non-grant activities; supervises project staff; and ensures proper subcontracting and grant making. A COP candidate should have the following qualities:
- Team Oriented: Prefers working with a variety of personalities and skill-sets in close, daily collaboration with USG in-country staff;
- Experienced: Management, leadership and capacity-building skills;
- Engaged: Fluent in all aspects of program management;
- Confident: Follow programmatic and strategic direction from USG, and operate independently of USG or home office direction and supervision;
- Mission Driven: Relish crafting solutions under uncertain circumstances;
- Diplomatic: Representational experience with host governments, other international donors, and civil society organizations; successful inter-agency coordination and joint programming; and,
- Flexible: Embrace working in a shifting environment against changing objectives.
- Seven (7) years managing USAID programs in complex, fragile, transitional environments.
- Two (2) years of supervisory team management—including national and international staff hiring, firing, and capacity-building.
- In-kind and small grants design, implementation, and evaluation.
- Conduct of competitive field procurement of goods and services, including construction.
- Report drafting, writing, and editing—strong written and verbal communicator.
- Project financial management: budget development, modification, reporting, and spot auditing.
- Design and implementation of governance, civil society, and/or media programming.
- English fluency-spoken and written.
- Experience within region.
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES: Please note that AECOM does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, AECOM will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, AECOM explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of AECOM.
Apply for this Vacancy
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Please state that you learned of this vacancy from Youth Canal website.