DIRECTOR OF COMMUNICATIONS
AMERICAN UNIVERSITY OF ARMENIA
Full-Time (5 days/40 hours per week)
Until the position is filled
The Director of Communications is responsible for designing and implementing a comprehensive and cohesive plan to support and promote the American University of Armenia and its core strategic messages.
- Provide leadership and coordinate the activities of the Communications Department;
- Develop communications strategies and marketing plans to accomplish a variety of objectives for the university;
- Liaise with all units throughout the university to determine their communications and marketing needs;
- Generate content plan for the production of regular, high-quality editorial and visual content;
- Work closely with the Development Office to generate collateral material for development purposes;
- Increase the visibility of the university and ensure the promotion of the university events and activities to targeted audiences using appropriate communication venues and mediums;
- Collaborate with University stakeholders, including faculty, students, staff and alumni to develop content for the University website (aua.am);
- Work with the Admissions Office and academic Program Chairs to develop recruitment publications, e-communications and other marketing strategies for prospective students;
- Develop robust online presence including developing a successful presence on Facebook and Twitter and other social media outlets;
- Write and develop the University blog for AUA Leadership;
- Develop and distribute targeted newsletters for alumni, other stakeholders;
- Regularly update Facebook and Twitter posts to reflect goings-on at the University;
- Plan and implement strategy to enhance exposure in the local and international press;
- Lead the development of the University’s annual report;
- Respond quickly to developing crises;
- Perform other related duties as required or assigned.
- Degree in Communications, Public Relations, or other relevant field. Master’s degree would be desirable;
- At least 4 years of experience in relevant field, of which at least two years in a managerial role;
- Spoken fluency in both English and Armenian, plus the ability to write perfect journalistic prose in English (near native fluency) and Armenian, knowledge of Russian as well as other languages is a plus;
- Experience managing a cross-functional team, as well as relationships with diverse community of people;
- Extensive experience in producing and managing editorial content; experience with managing design projects preferred;
- Experience managing operating and project budgets;
- Proven experience in developing website content, designing an online presence yielding significant online traffic;
- Experience in developing and launching successful crowd funding campaigns;
- Experience in strategic advancement communications;
- Commitment to remaining knowledgeable about relevant cutting edge communications techniques and technology;
- Previous and/or current professional experience in higher education;
- Outstanding interpersonal, written, and phone communication skills, proven organizational skills with strong attention to detail;
- Proven ability to take initiative;
- Ability to work independently, exercise sound judgment, be highly adaptive to change and handle multiple tasks under pressure;
- Ability to work with colleagues on the Senior Leadership team and throughout all levels of the University to garner support for Advancement initiatives; record of effective teamwork;
- Previous experience in an international setting and knowledge of Armenia, NIS countries and the Middle East is preferred but not required;
- Ability to maintain confidential information with tact and discretion;
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
How to apply: A letter of intent, Curriculum Vitae with the names and contact information for three referees should be sent to email@example.com with the subject heading “Director of Communications”. Only shortlisted applicants will be notified for interview.
AUA is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to an active non-discrimination program within the institution.
AMERICAN UNIVERSITY OF ARMENIA
Please state that you learned of this vacancy from Youth Canal website.