EPIC OPERATIONS MANAGER
AMERICAN UNIVERSITY OF ARMENIA
Entrepreneurship and Product Innovation Centre (EPIC)
(5 days/40 hours per week)
The Entrepreneurship and Product Innovation Center (EPIC) is the business venture and start-up incubator of AUA. Started in 2016, EPIC provides an ecosystem for emerging entrepreneurs from both inside and outside AUA. Twice a year, teams made up of AUA students and outside entrepreneurs compete to enter EPIC where they receive further entrepreneurial education, mentorship, and other resources to grow and advance their start-ups. EPIC also sponsors lectures, startup conferences, hackathons, and maintains a sophisticated prototyping and reverse-engineering laboratory in the basement of AUA’s main building.
This position is responsible for coordinating and facilitating activities, logistics, and initiatives associated with EPIC.
- Daily planning and management of EPIC activities, resources, and operations in consultation with the Director.
- Support Pre-EPIC/EPIC incubation program to ensure success of program against EPIC’s intended goals, including overseeing pre-EPIC/EPIC group sourcing, group selection, program focus areas, educational, workshop, meeting, and mentoring programming, network and incubator support and ensuring program is reaching milestones and providing accurate and timely reports.
- Help plan the content of workshops/events/seminars/conferences including help to procure high quality speakers. Logistics for events and workshops will be responsibility of EPIC administrative coordinator.
- Forge partnerships with other organizations in Armenia and abroad for providing services and support to EPIC stakeholders, including mentoring, liaising with government and industries, incubators/accelerators, investors, and technical and business advisors (all domestic and international) to startup groups.
- Cooperate with and engage various internal AUA academic units to support and align incubation and innovation activities throughout AUA. Work directly with AUA full-time and adjunct faculty to identify areas of collaboration among academic activities to promote multidisciplinary collaboration at EPIC.
- In coordination with administrative coordinator, marketing and promoting EPIC through implementation of the marketing and promotion plan.
- Help to lead and supervise other members of the EPIC staff.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by immediate supervisor(s).
- Bachelor’s degree or higher. Master’s degree would be a plus. A degree in business or MBA would be preferred. However, technical backgrounds are acceptable.
- At least 3 years of managerial experience in a company or in leading for-profit projects. Experience in an entrepreneurial/innovation environment or with early-stage startups as founder, investor, or senior team member would be a plus.
- Experience working overseas would be viewed favorably.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges, and support data-driven decision-making.
- Acute sense of ownership, drive, and scrappiness is a must. Results orientation.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English and Armenian (knowledge of Russian is an asset).
- Strong management, collaborative, and interpersonal skills and proven ability to interface effectively with diverse teams.
- Demonstrated ability to resolve complex problems and lead projects of diverse scope as well as to analyze data to recommend business alternatives.
- Proficient computer skills and knowledge of MS Office.
How to apply: A letter of intent, Curriculum Vitae with the names and contact information for three referees should be sent to email@example.com with the subject heading “EPIC Operations Manager”. Only shortlisted applicants will be notified for interview.
AUA is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to an active non-discrimination program within the institution.
AMERICAN UNIVERSITY OF ARMENIA
Please state that you learned of this vacancy from Youth Canal website.