GIS ANALYST EXPERT
DIGITAL ARMENIA FOUNDATION
DAF is looking for Geographical Information Systems/ GIS Analyst experts for developing quality control standards for system applications as well as for analyzing and resolving system issues in a timely manner.
Main Essential Duties
The essential functions of the position include but are not limited to:
- Liaising with stakeholders: manage the consultant team; handle conflict resolution aspects; maintain consultation with donors, ministries and other relevant entities; support consultants with workshops, meetings and trainings.
- Reporting: Preparation of reports in English (inception, interim, draft final, final). Conduct presentations to clients and stakeholders in verbal or written format.
- Design: Design centralized GIS project requirements; ensure the interoperability of systems; develop the user interface with the team; produce technical know-how documentation as needed.
- Regulatory: Formulate policy guidelines and regulatory changes in conjunction with the team; ensure government approval thereof. Stay abreast with latest developments in the GIS field.
- Compliance: Work in compliance with GIS standards and quality policies.
- Project Management: Develop and maintain a detailed work plan; hold project progress meetings; plan and coordinate GIS activities; supervise project implementation ensuring quality and timely deliverables; conduct workshops.
- Coordination: Maintain close communication with the executing agency; provide them with overall technical guidance to ensure technical specifications of the project; support agency’s day-to-day coordination with donors, ministries and other stakeholders.
- Information: Facilitate the process of information collection - between the government participating bodies and the project executing agency - to ensure timely input of GIS data.
- Procurement of required equipment.
- Produce funding and grant applications.
- Ensure quality and continuous improvement through innovation and research.
- Assist in the preparation of the annual budget.
- Track billable time, directing/ supervising staff, and drive profitability.
Qualification and Experience
- At least 5 years of experience in the GIS field.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills, with strong attention to detail.
- Good leadership skills, including strong communication and mentoring skills, good ability to motivate and inspire employees.
- Create a challenging but collegial environment.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize multiple objectives and initiatives.
- Excellent interpersonal and written communications skills.
- Excellent knowledge of spoken and written English and Russian languages.
How to apply: All qualified and interested candidates can apply by sending their updated resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org email address. Phone number: +374 12 999 992
DIGITAL ARMENIA FOUNDATION
Please state that you learned of this vacancy from Youth Canal website.