EUROPEAN BANK FOR RECONSTRUCTION AND DEVELOPMENT (EBRD)
Requisition ID: 13816
Dept. / Bus. Group: Eastern Europe & Caucasus
Business Unit: Yerevan (Armenia)
Contract Type: Regular
The Associate Banker contributes to all phases of the project cycle, including project origination, structuring, execution, and implementation and monitoring. The Associate Banker will take responsibility for those tasks assigned to him/her by the operation leader, which may include undertaking comprehensive due diligence, including financial, market, integrity and EBRD policy compliance, as well as effective post-signing implementation and monitoring. The Associate Banker carries out these tasks as part of a project team under the guidance of an operation leader or under the supervision/guidance of more senior bankers or the team Director. The Associate Banker role may also include elements of business/pipeline development and client management.
Accountabilities and Responsibilities
Under the guidance of the operation leader or a more senior banker:
1. Structuring and Execution
- Work as a project team member on transactions, contributing to all aspects of project structuring and execution, including comprehensive research and analysis of background materials, market information and financial performance data; analyse and evaluate potential risks related to the proposed project, including analysis of financial statements, preparing and updating financial models/projections and working with client counterparts, consultants and other parties to progress the project;
- Actively contribute to, in some cases lead, the design and implementation of Technical co-operation assistance, including preparation of terms of reference and internal approval documentation, to support the related investment project or the related policy dialogue initiative;
- Prepare internal project documentation, including financial models and drafts of approval project memoranda, term sheets, presentations, etc. as and when required;
- As may be requested, assist with communication with other internal units of the Bank, clients and other stakeholders, at the operational level, such as preparing draft correspondence, presentations, and following up on internal emails;
- Ensure that all tasks within his/her are completed within the specified time frames to a high standard and in line with the policies, procedures and objectives of the Bank.
2. Portfolio Monitoring, Value Creation and Reporting
- Take responsibility for the implementation and monitoring of all projects to which the Associate Banker is assigned, including compliance with project agreements and Bank procedures related to disbursement; monitoring of progress of the project implementation and financial performance of the client; assessing evolving risk factors and monitoring and assessing covenant compliance;
- Prepare timely and comprehensive monitoring reports and include recommendations for corrective actions where required and ensure these proposed corrective actions and recommendations are brought to the attention of more senior team members;
- As may be requested by, and under the supervision of, a TC operation leader, assist with the effective implementation and monitoring of TC assignments including communication with TC client, monitoring of TC fund usage, preparation and filing of relevant TC progress and completion reports to support the TC operation leader to meet donor reporting requirements and operational objectives.
3. Business Development
- Assist, as required, with marketing and business development efforts.
The responsibilities of the Associate Banker are designed to allow her/him to progressively undertake more complex tasks and build the scope of responsibilities based on his/her experience, and for some cases to take the role of an operation leader for standard, non-complex transactions under the supervision/guidance of more senior bankers or the Team Director.
Knowledge, Skills, Experience and Education
- Bachelor’s degree. Master’s degree preferred or equivalent experience in the areas of expertise.
- Professional qualification such as ACA, CFA, ACCA, or CIMA desirable.
- Strong quantitative/numerical skills are critical with the ability to interpret financial information.
- Credit analysis skills, with the ability to interpret accounts, understanding local and international accounting principles and practice of credit analysis.
- Computer literacy, conversant with Microsoft Office and spread sheet packages including financial analysis and modelling modules.
- Extensive experience in developing and auditing of financial models.
- Excellent understanding of relevant systems and processes.
- Ability to work effectively as a team member and to deadlines and under time pressure.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
- Good command over the local/country language is an advantage.
- Relevant financial industry experience from an investment or commercial bank, private equity firm, asset management firm, or auditing/financial consulting firm operating to international standards.
- Practical experience of participating in transactions through the full project life cycle.
- Exposure to industry/country experience.
Diversity is one of the Bank’s core values which are at the heart of everything it does. A diverse workforce with the right knowledge and skills enables connection with our clients, brings pioneering ideas, energy and innovation. The EBRD staff is characterised by its rich diversity of nationalities, cultures and opinions and we aim to sustain and build on this strength. As such, the EBRD seeks to ensure that everyone is treated with respect and given equal opportunities and works in an inclusive environment. The EBRD encourages all qualified candidates who are nationals of the EBRD member countries to apply regardless of their racial, ethnic, religious and cultural background, gender, sexual orientation or disabilities.
Please state that you learned of this vacancy from Youth Canal website.