DIRECTOR OF COMMUNICATIONS
FOUNDATION FOR ARMENIAN SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY (FAST)
START DATE: ASAP
The Director of Communications is responsible for the implementation of communications both internally and externally. The Director of Communications works with communications department personnel as well as with various program directors and stakeholders within FAST to develop suitable communication plans and strategies. The Director of Communications also ensures that the messages in the organizational content stay consistent and accurately represent FAST’s values and objectives. Besides corporate communications, the Director will manage communication issues and risks, global engagement with key stakeholders, including media, civil society, private sector and international organizations, as well as employee engagement. The Director will be responsible for the Foundation’s online and social media presence, and content producing for a wide variety of platforms.
The Director will play the lead role of creating and developing annual strategic communication plans for the organization and will execute key elements of the plan while simultaneously providing guidelines, tools, templates, and role delegation for elements to be executed in the plans. The Director’s day to day leadership functions include continued establishment and follow up on the department’s strategic direction, as well as defining priorities and coordinating cross-functional initiatives. In this capacity the Director of Communications also plays a mentorship role to key communications personnel, sharpening their skills, and offering assistance in complex tasks.
Strategy and Analytics:
In strategic and analytical role, the Director of Communications is responsible for the formulation of a corporate-wide communication strategy that engages the CEO and other top executive leaders within FAST. The Director ensures that every department in the business plays an ambassadorship role to the organization in the course of content creation or outward communications. In addition, the Director of Communications will regularly assess the effectiveness of the organization’s communication channels and put in place measures that will create awareness and momentum as well as test the effectiveness of communication activities in FAST. The Director will also conduct analyses on audience segmentation, key messages, communications schedules etc., reporting findings directly to the key stakeholders.
It is also the Director of Communication’s objective to challenge the status quo of the communications department and seek out new creative and innovative ways and opportunities for elevating the organization’s brand. The Director of Communications regularly introduces fresh perspective to the communications department and the organization at large. At this capacity, the Director of Communications also identifies and promotes newsworthy stories and topics of interest on FAST’s behalf ahead of the curve.
- Provide creative direction and hands-on multimedia content development across a range of platforms and formats in support of the Foundation’s strong narrative
- Demonstrate a proven track record of developing creative strategies and approaches, as well as driving projects through from conception to delivery
- Reach and engage a diverse range of audiences and play a key role in maintaining and building new connections
- Exploit the power of storytelling and technology to deliver outstanding and compelling creative content in all formats and on multiple platforms, including multilingually
- Be responsible for leading the ideation, production, dissemination and measurement of key content campaigns and maintaining the highest editorial standards and quality
- Drive the creation of high quality, innovative and authentic content through both bringing own ideas and inspiring the team to deliver high quality ideas for enduring corporate-wide campaigns: data visualizations, motion graphics and infographics; podcasts and photography – and more
- Establish KPIs and benchmarks, monitor and measure effectiveness.
- Master’s degree (PhD preferred) in Marketing, Communications, Journalism, Multimedia, Public Relations, International Relations, Information Technology, Psychology, or any other related field
- Must have had at least 5+ years’ experience working in a leadership position of a business where the candidate’s duties involved the management of comprehensive strategic communications programs for the purpose of advancing a business’s goals and objectives, preferably in the position of a Head of PR or a Head of Content.
- A suitable candidate will also have had proven experience in building, coaching, and mentoring a team of communications specialists and in leading the execution of communications strategies that led to a business’s customer base expansions and financial performance improvement
- Imperative to have exceptional written and verbal skills
- Must have 3+ years’ experience in overseeing all the content production, media communications, and social media interactions by a business as well as creating reports and presentations to be presented to the Executive Team
- Experience in using audience research in content development is a must
- Be able to translate technical, complex ideas and convert into accessible and engaging content
- Strong understanding of the rapidly evolving communications environment
- Substantial experience and demonstrable success in delivering creative concepts, building durable partnerships, developing multimedia content
- Ability to inspire, to innovate and take appropriate risks
- Be a strategic thinker, with strong day-to-day project management skills and a fine attention to detail
- Experience in developing and managing “branded content” – including short-form video, documentaries, and multiplatform content for outreach campaigns
- Proven ability to generate creative concepts and proven knowledge of media/communications tactics
- Demonstrable knowledge of digital platforms and how creative content is effectively used for campaigning and earned-media to engage global audiences
- Strong contacts within the creative industries and up to date knowledge of content developments and trends
- Team management experience
- Excellent Armenian, English and Russian written and verbal communication skills.
All interested candidates are kindly requested to submit their CVs by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate the title of the position “Director of Communications” in the subject line of your e-mail. FAST is grateful to all interested applicants; however, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the interview.
Note: Employment decisions are made without regard to race, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or other characteristics protected by law.
Please state that you learned of this announsments from Youth Canal website.