SENIOR WEB DEVELOPER
Open until filled
Joomag culture thrives on open communication and exchange of ideas. Our team member is identified not only by high level of professionalism but also of passion and enthusiasm towards Changes. Getting results and being effective are crucial; we Dream Big and become smarter everyday.
Joomag’s Engineering team consists of front- and backend teams, which build, create and maintain our website. It includes client-side coding (HTML, JS, CSS) to improve Joomag user experience among 500K+ publishers, server-side coding (PHP) to develop a custom-built (no frameworks used), large-scale projects and database technology (MySQL, ElasticSearch) for provisioning, managing, and maintaining Joomag’s core technology infrastructure and services.
We welcome talented Senior Web Developer to build and maintain functional web pages and applications.
- The important objective is to define how the web application functions, refine specifications and resolve technical issues. To be successful in this role, you should have extensive experience building web pages from scratch and in-depth experience of PHP.
- What comes next is to define how the Joomag’s website looks and functions while developing, maintaining and building the core web components. Hence ability to understand the full web technology stack (HTML, JS, CSS, HTTP, cookies, headers, asset loading/caching) is crucial for creating impactful tools and ensuring the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs.
- Team playing and collaboration skills also matter. Web developers in Joomag cowork with Mobile, Design and Product teams to ship new features, as well as adjust their work to maximize overall development efficiency. This requires ability and desire to create more than a beautiful code and act as a team-player to especially decide on what and which way we build something.
- 5+ years of experience in web application development
- Expertise in PHP (Functions, Namespaces, Code organization), strong knowledge of at least one PHP framework
- Experience with PhpStorm or WebStorm
- Strong knowledge and clear understanding of OOP and Design Patterns
- Strong knowledge of MySQL
- Strong knowledge of jQuery
- Strong understanding of AJAX
- Experience with Sass or LESS CSS transpilers
- Good knowledge of Bootstrap 3
- Good knowledge of SEO
- Basic knowledge of PHPDoc and JSDoc
- Experience with JIRA or other issue/task tracking systems
- Experience with Git
- Fluency in technical written English.
- Knowledge of RabbitMQ
- Experience of ElasticSearch
- Experience with Node.js, Grunt, ReactJS and AngularJS
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
- Knowledge of Agile/Scrum/Kanban or other similar project management methodologies.
APPLY ON COMPANY SITE
Please state that you learned of this announsments from Youth Canal website.