ARMENIA MARRIOTT HOTEL YEREVAN
Open until filled
Job Number: 180012HE
Job Category: Procurement, Purchasing, and Quality Assurance
Brand: Marriott Hotels Resorts /JW Marriott
Position Type: Non-Management/Hourly
Start Your Journey With Us
Marriott International portfolio of brands includes both JW Marriott and Marriott Hotels.
Marriott Hotels, Marriott International’s flagship brand with more than 500 global locations, is advancing the art of hosting so that our guests can travel brilliantly. As a host with Marriott Hotels, you will help keep this promise by delivering premium choices, sophisticated style, and well-crafted details. With your skills and imagination, together we will innovate and reinvent the future of travel.
JW Marriott is part of Marriott International's luxury portfolio and consists of more than 80 beautiful properties in gateway cities and distinctive resort locations around the world. JW believes our associates come first. Because if you’re happy, our guests will be happy. It’s as simple as that. Our hotels offer a work experience unlike any other, where you’ll be part of a community and enjoy a true camaraderie with a diverse group of co-workers. JW creates opportunities for training, development, recognition and most importantly, a place where you can really pursue your passions in a luxury environment. Treating guests exceptionally starts with the way we take care of our associates. That’s The JW Treatment™.
Negotiates with suppliers and verifies and authorizes purchase requisitions and purchase orders. Advises other departments on purchasing procedures and maintains full and up-to-date information regarding store inventory.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or GED; 2 years experience in procurement, purchasing, or related professional area.
- 2-year degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Marketing, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; 1 year experience in procurement, purchasing or related professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing Supplier and Vendor Relations
- Negotiates with selected suppliers and obtains quotations.
- Coordinates and arranges site visits with contractors and end-users for obtaining necessary quotations.
- Keeps close and frequent contact with suppliers to maintain up-to-date market and product information
- Identifies and selects reliable and regular suppliers for daily food and beverage purchasing based on regular quotations.
- Attends and participates in food tasting panel for food and beverage evaluation and vendor selection.
- Prepares and negotiates contracts with selected suppliers
- Attends exhibitions/seminars for sourcing new suppliers and products with better price-performance.
- Persuades suppliers to offer or extend rebate program.
Managing Procurement Activities
- Verifies and authorizes procurement orders
- Places orders and expedites deliveries
- Prepares tender invitations and executes tender openings for selected items and compares tenders for procurement decisions
- Sources alternative products with competitive prices, while striving to maintain better or comparable quality, standards and services.
- Prepares and submits monthly cost saving report to Director of Finance
- Explores opportunities for green procurement and actively participates in the recycling program.
- Provides suggestions to other departments to achieve cost savings while still fulfilling their requirements.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.
Please state that you learned of this vacancy from Youth Canal website.