MONITORING AND EVALUATION OFFICER
MANAGEMENT SYSTEMS INTERNATIONAL
Open until filled
MSI is seeking a monitoring and evaluation officer (MEO) for an anticipated USAID/OTI-funded, small grants focused project in Armenia. The MEO will provide overall technical support, advice and oversight on program-level monitoring and evaluation. S/he will help develop and implement a consistent M&E strategy and framework across all program activities focused on capturing perceptions, outcomes, impacts and learning. The MEO will train staff and, where necessary, external partners on key M&E concepts, tools and processes.
This position is open only to Armenian citizens.
- With support from USAID/OTI and deputy chief of party (DCOP), contribute to the design, implementation and ongoing revision of a monitoring and evaluation (M&E) system that adheres to USAID/OTI guidance and meets the needs of the program for learning, analysis, and reporting.
- Provide overall support, advice, and oversight on program-level M&E.
- Support and advise colleagues on activity-level M&E efforts, ensuring quality and consistency across offices.
- Offer technical assistance in the development, selection, and application of M&E processes and tools.
- Support and advise colleagues on activity-level M&E efforts, ensuring quality and consistency.
- Oversee and advise colleagues on information management processes by reviewing data collection efforts, overall data reliability, consistency, and quality.
- Lead and manage program-level evaluation efforts, including the development of studies that examine higher level outcomes and the utilization of external M&E resources.
- Provide input and advice on procurement of M&E third-party services if needed.
- Help identify, analyze, and synthesize lessons learned from program implementation and facilitate the incorporation of those lessons into the activity development cycle.
- Train other staff, and local partners where required, on key M&E concepts, tools, and processes.
- Undertake, as required, visits to project locations to collect data and/or oversee data collection efforts.
- University degree in social sciences and/or community development or, alternatively, combination of related education and professional experience.
- Minimum of five (5) years professional work experience.
- Professional work experience in evaluating programs, social projects, and/or public policies.
- Professional work experience in research with qualitative and/or quantitative methodologies, including developing research reports.
- Prior professional work experience with NGOs, international contractors, multilateral institutions and/or international cooperation agencies.
- Knowledge of and experience with developing and evaluating impact-oriented projects.
- Proficiency in MS Office (advanced level with Excel) and ability to use the internet.
- Rigorous time management and activity organization.
- Able to maintain information confidential and work with a wide variety of people.
- Excellent written and verbal communication is required.
- trated working proficiency in Armenian and working proficiency in written and oral English is required.
Apply on Company site
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.
Please state that you learned of this vacancy from Youth Canal website.