CHIEF OF PARTY
MANAGEMENT SYSTEMS INTERNATIONAL
Open until filled
MSI is seeking a chief of party (COP) for an anticipated USAID/OTI-funded, small grants focused project in Armenia. The COP will be responsible for providing overall leadership and management of the program, in addition to administrative, financial and technical oversight. S/he will be responsible for ensuring the completion of all tasks and objectives designated by USAID/OTI. The COP will lead the overall management of relationships with USAID/OTI’s country representative (CR) and deputy country representative (DCR). The COP will be MSI’s primary representative in the field and must represent MSI effectively to USAID/OTI, the Government of Armenia and other stakeholders. He/she will ensure compliance with all terms of the project contract and all relevant USAID and USG rules and regulations. The COP will also take the lead in coordinating with appropriate ministries, local government authorities, and local implementing partners.
- Responsible for making key decisions and solving problems in short time frames while ensuring operational and program integrity.
- Responsible for management, oversight, and reporting of MSI's progress and quality of performance in meeting the program and activity objectives.
- In close consultation with the CR, responsible for providing oversight of grant activities, including supervision of the program staff, ensuring appropriate grant design, ensuring that procedures are established and complied with for grant development, grant worthiness, grant implementation, management, monitoring, evaluation, and grant closing.
- Under the guidance of the CR, and/or CR’s designee, responsible for contributing to the design and implementation of the M&E system at the activity and program levels and for ensuring that all programming is properly monitored and evaluated.
- Responsible for developing familiarity with, and maintaining daily usage of, the USAID/OTI Activity Database, and ultimately responsible for ensuring that the relevant staff use and maintain the Activity Database, and that data is consistent and complete.
- Responsible for supervising the deputy chief of party for programs and the operations manager.
- In conjunction with other members of the senior management team, creating strong team cohesion and high morale, including staff care.
- Relevant work experience, including experience with a donor, contractor or international NGO managing an office or program.
- A minimum of seven (7) years of experience managing complex, high-speed and challenging field operations in developing countries.
- A minimum of two (2) years of supervisory experience.
- Experience with programs that provide quick delivery of assistance in response to emerging windows of opportunity.
- Experience with grant management, preferably in-kind and small grants.
- Experience leading and motivating teams in high stress environments.
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge in establishing systems and overseeing program start-up under limited time constraints as well as program close-out is highly desired, but not required.
- Financial management experience, including budgeting; financial management (tracking, reporting and accounting); and procurement.
- Experience with activity design, development, and implementation.
- Experience working in Armenia or other Caucusus countries highly desired, but not required.
- Experience working in countries undergoing political transition highly desired, but not required.
- Demonstrated working proficiency in written and oral English is required.
- Demonstrated working proficiency in Armenian is desired, but not required.
Apply on Company site
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.
Please state that you learned of this vacancy from Youth Canal website.