ORRAN VANADZOR OPERATIONS COORDINATOR
ORRAN BENEVOLENT NGO
The Orran Vanadzor Operations Coordinator is responsible for the overall administration and management of Orran in the city of Vanadzor. This includes operations planning and evaluation, assistance with fundraising, service programs and supporting operations, policy development and implementation and administration of personnel.
Orran Vanadzor Operations Coordinator will report to the Executive Director of Orran.
All Orran staff, except the persons in charge of fundraising and PR will report to the Operations Coordinator.
Orran was founded 18 years ago in Yerevan, Armenia to divert children of destitute families from the streets and engage them in academic, cultural, and extra-curricular activities. In 2012 a second center was opened in the city of Vanadzor. These two centers built by Orran help the lonely and needy elderly. Today the organization, with the assistance of 40 staff (18 full time, 22 part time and over 25 volunteers), embraces over 250 children and 100 elderly.
1. Manage and administer Orran center Vanadzor
- Develop and facilitate an active planning process for operations and support fund raising activities.
- Develop organizational goals and objectives consistent with the mission and vision of Orran.
- Develop and administer operational policies.
- Oversee all programs, services and activities to ensure that program objectives are met including setting road maps for each beneficiary with a clear exit strategy for each child.
- Ensure compliance with funding sources and regulatory requirements.
- Provide information for evaluation of the organization's activities.
- Submit quarterly operations and financial reports to the Executive Director.
- Prepare quarterly reports.
2. Personnel and Operational
- Administer board-approved personnel policies.
- Ensure proper (legal) hiring and termination procedures.
- Oversee any and all disciplinary actions.
- Provide for adequate supervision and carry out annual appraisal of all staff, volunteers and academic programs.
- Help make sure that the Organization’s philosophy, mission and vision are pertinent and practiced throughout the Organization.
- Make sure all relevant information is updated on the Orran web.
- Public relations.
- Serve as chief liaison with specific community groups.
- Ensure appropriate representation of Orran by all employees.
- Coordinate representation of Orran to governmental bodies and other groups.
- Excellent oral and writing skills in English and Armenian, working knowledge of Russian.
- Ability to give talks, presentations and lectures.
- Ability to assign tasks and follow up implementation of those tasks.
- Readiness to travel.
- Ability to prioritize and manage a variety of workloads.
- Ability to work on own initiative, set and achieve ambitious goals.
- Proficient knowledge of computer applications including Microsoft Word, Excel & PowerPoint in addition to desktop publishing applications.
- University degree Minimum of 3 years of experience in a role requiring similar responsibilities.
- Experience organizing large and small events and recruiting and working with volunteers.
5. Ethics: Unquestioned principles and behavior. Collaborative and responsible work habits.
To apply for this position, please submit a cover letter and a resume attachment addressing relevant qualifications, experience, skills and information on professional reference and current salary to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please, specify the title of the position you are applying for in the subject of the email.
Please state that you learned of this vacancy from Youth Canal website.