SENIOR TECHNOLOGY RESEARCH
PHILIP MORRIS IN ARMENIA
Open until filled
DEPARTMENT: Science & Innovation
JOB ID: 8720
Are you up for a challenge? Do you look for ways to grow in your job? And do you want to build a remarkable career? Then apply now! We’re currently looking for a:
SENIOR TECHNOLOGY RESEARCH
with the following requirements:
- Master level university degree in Electronic Engineering or equivalent. PhD is an asset.
- 5 - 8 years of work experience in the area of interdisciplinary research and development in the following industries Consumermobile electronics or Automotive Electronics or Electronics Manufacturing Services (EMS) or Medical Device manufacturer or Scientific instrument manufacturer.
- Managerial experience in leading technical teams is an asset.
- Effective communicator with a strong capability to collaborate and influence, action driven, creative and agile
- Fluency in English, Armenian or Russian would be a plus.
If you possess the above mentioned profile then you are the one we want to meet for staffing our Research & Development center in Philip Morris, based in Yerevan, Armenia.
The objective of Philip Morris International Inc. (PMI)’s Research & Development team is to develop and assess products with the potential to reduce the risks of smoking-related diseases. This project is at the core of our business: our aim is that one day all adult smokers who otherwise wouldn’t quit will switch to what we call reduced-risk products, or RRPs. Get to know more about us on www.PMIScience.com.
As Senior Technology Research you will drive engineering projects and develop appropriate strategies to introduce new methodologies, in order to meet business needs. Identify, develop and implement solutions to technical problems where few precedents exist through the application of scientific engineering skills and knowledge while leveraging on x-functional collaboration, act as SME towards Senior Management and may represent the Company externally as technical expert.
- Develop and propose business justification, scope and resource requirements to deliver solutions to technical problems.
- Plan and conduct complex individual research projects from concept to building functional prototypes requiring independent thought and technical judgment. Report on research and development activities according to Quality Management System.
- Review the latest technological developments and identify those that should be researched further.
- Identify external partners capable to develop perspective technical solutions.
- Lead technical development projects requiring external collaborations to deliver needed services and products in-line with timelines and quality levels required for RRP development.
- Participate in cross functional problem solving teams working company wide to apply research and technologies assessment results to business problems.
- Build-up knowledge in physics, electronics and RRP products, devise new approaches to solve problems.
- Carry out all of the activities ensuring that PMI Policies, standards, and laws relating to these activities are fully respected.
JOIN A GLOBAL MARKET LEADER
- We’re international: you work with clients and learn on-the-job from team members from all over the world
- We’re a certified global top employer: we consider our employees to be our strongest asset, and we are developing talent throughout all levels of the organization.
If you wish to contribute to the future of our business and to the new scientific journey of the industry, please apply online.
PMI is the world’s leading international tobacco company, with six of the world's top 15 international brands and products sold in more than 180 markets. In addition to the manufacture and sale of cigarettes, including the number one global cigarette brand, and other tobacco products, PMI is engaged in the development and commercialization of Reduced-Risk Products (“RRPs”). RRPs is the term we use to refer to products that present, are likely to present, or have the potential to present less risk of harm to smokers who switch to these products versus continued smoking. We have a range of RRPs in various stages of development, scientific assessment and commercialization. Because our RRPs do not burn tobacco, they produce far lower quantities of harmful and potentially harmful compounds than found in cigarette smoke. For more information, see www.pmi.com and www.pmiscience.com.
PMI affiliates do not accept referrals from employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. Should an employment agency take any action in respect of such a vacancy, their actions will have been taken without the request or agreement of any PMI affiliate. No PMI affiliate shall be liable for any fees in such circumstances.
Apply on Company site
Please state that you learned of this vacancy from Youth Canal website.