PHILIP MORRIS IN ARMENIA
Open until filled
Function: Science & Innovation
Are you up for a challenge? Do you look for ways to grow in your job? And do you want to build a remarkable career? Then apply now! We’re currently looking for a:
Data Engineer with the following requirements:
Master degree in Computer Science or Mathematics, PhD is an asset;
- 2-5 years of experience in Database Engineering in a multinational and cutting-edge environment,
- Strong knowledge of systems and software development lifecycles,
- Functional expertise required in line with functional scope,
- Ability to make technical decisions based on experience and technical/scientific knowledge,
- Develop accurate technical recommendations, alternatives, and improvements,
- Fluent in English,
- Good verbal and written communication skills,
- Collaboration, Agility and Entrepreneurship.
If you possess the above mentioned profile then you are the one we want to meet for staffing our Research & Development center of Philip Morris, based in Yerevan, Armenia.
The objective of Philip Morris in Armenia. (PMA)’s Research & Development team is to develop and assess products with the potential to reduce the risks of smoking-related diseases. This project is at the core of our business: our aim is that one day all adult smokers who otherwise wouldn’t quit will switch to what we call reduced-risk products, or RRPs*. Get to know more about us on www.PMIScience.com.
As Data Engineer you will be responsible to provide database and application solution strategy, technical design, architecture, and support for carrying out the implementation of enterprise database development. Work on data related projects and develop appropriate strategies to introduce new methodologies, in order to meet business needs. Identify, develop and implement solutions to scientific / technical problems where few precedents exist through the application of scientific skills and knowledge while leveraging on x-functional collaboration.
- Software and database engineering roadmap definition;
- Design, coding, and implementing software solutions using modern techniques and programming languages;
- Determines database structural requirements by analyzing customer processes, applications, and programming;
- Develop database solutions by designing & modeling proposed system;
- Plan and conduct database/software related projects from concept to effective and efficient solutions for end-users requiring independent thought and scientific / technical judgment;
- Work on data analytics development projects requiring external collaborations to deliver needed services and products in-line with timelines and quality levels required for RRP development;
- Collaborate across sites or functions to generate innovative solutions and ideas for scientific / technical issues and direct vendors / external resources regarding projects or scientific / technical issues.
JOIN A GLOBAL MARKET LEADER
We’re international: you work with clients and learn on-the-job from team members from all over the world;
* If you wish to contribute to the future of our business and to the new scientific journey of the industry, please apply online.
PMI is the world’s leading international tobacco company, with six of the world's top 15 international brands and products sold in more than 180 markets. In addition to the manufacture and sale of cigarettes, including the number one global cigarette brand, and other tobacco products, PMI is engaged in the development and commercialization of Reduced-Risk Products (“RRPs”). RRPs is the term we use to refer to products that present, are likely to present, or have the potential to present less risk of harm to smokers who switch to these products versus continued smoking. We have a range of RRPs in various stages of development, scientific assessment and commercialization. Because our RRPs do not burn tobacco, they produce far lower quantities of harmful and potentially harmful compounds than found in cigarette smoke. For more information, see www.pmi.com and www.pmiscience.com.
Apply on Company site
Please state that you learned of this vacancy from Youth Canal website.