RESERVATION & TICKETING AGENT
Job Function: Commercial
Division: Commercial (Division)
Welcome to a world where ambitions fly high
From experienced pilots to dynamic professionals embarking on new careers, Qatar Airways is searching for talented individuals to join our award-winning team.
We take pride in our people—a dynamic and culturally diverse workforce is essential to why we are one of the finest and fastest growing airlines in the world.
We offer competitive compensation and benefit packages.
About your job:
In this role you will be responsible to assist in making and confirming reservations for passengers, selling tickets for the airlines lines. Sells & serves customers professionally through telephone or in person in order to achieve customer satisfaction and generate revenue and takes all possible measures to avoid loss of revenue. You will also assist passengers requiring special assistance to board or depart conveyance.
You will initiate and promote Qatar Airways products & services, assist in reservation & ticketing for passengers and serve all customers professionally through telephone or in person in order to achieve customer satisfaction. You will deal with customers at the counter, and other related administration duties.
You will encode and confirm reservations for passengers, arrange reservations and routing using timetable, airline manuals, reference guides and tariff book. Perform a proper flight check to maximize flight utilization and reduce No-shows. Issue tickets and PTAs quoting correct fare to reduce passenger complaints and debit notes as well as perform other duties and responsibilities as requested by management.
- Makes and confirms reservations for passengers.
- Arrange Reservations and routing for using timetable, airlines manuals, reference guides and tariff book and proper issuance of ATB for all types of ticketing transactions.
- Assist mishandled passengers such as NOREC/DNB to reduce passenger complaints.
- Issue tickets quoting correct fare to reduce passenger complaints and debit notes.
- Advise of changes in flight plan or to cancel passenger reservations.
- Advise load control personnel and other stations of changes in passenger itinerary to control space and ensure utilization of seating capacity on flights.
- Initiate and promote QR product to generate the revenue.
- Record and process reservations made by phone/fax/e-mail; action telex messages and authorities.
- Handle helpdesk-assist travel agents with seat confirmations: upgrade/downgrade proposals.
- Issuance of MCO’s and refunds’ process lost tickets and time barred tickets.
- Plans route and computes ticket cost, using schedules, rate books and computer.
- Telephones customer or travel agents to advise of changes with travel conveyance or to confirm reservations, as well as alternate available options.
- Answer inquires made by travel agencies or transportation firms, such as airlines, bus companies, railroad companies, and steamship lines.
The successful candidate will ideally have
- Minimum high school degree
Minimum of 2 years’ experience in an airline/travel industry.
- You will be service oriented with good interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge in IATA standard reservation/ticketing procedures.
- Knowledge of world geography and have proven experience with the Amadeus reservation system.
- Excellent communication skills in English and Armenian.
- Be computer literate (word/excel/Amadeus).
Note: you will be required to attach the following:
1. Resume / CV
2. Copy of Passport
Apply for this Vacancy
Please state that you learned of this vacancy from Youth Canal website.