TVET CURRICULUM DEVELOPMENT EXPERT
SAVE THE CHILDREN ARMENIA COUNTRY OFFICE
“EU4Youth: Better Skills for Better Future” regional program (2018-2020) is implemented with financial support from the European Union in three countries: Armenia, Georgia, and Ukraine. In Armenia, the program is implemented by Save the Children International Armenian Representative Office in partnership with OxYGen Foundation for Protection of Youth and Women Rights.
The overall objective of the program is to promote the entrepreneurial potential of disadvantaged youth, to ensure their increased access to education and training opportunities for greater employability and to advocate for coherent and cross-sectoral youth policies at local, regional and national levels.
Save the Children International Armenian Representative Office announces a call for Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET) curriculum development expert. The expert will provide professional expertise and guidance within the program's planned activity of improving existing curriculum of selected TVET institutions in Armenia or designing new curriculum based on current/emerging labor market needs and trends.
Tasks and Responsibilities
Curriculum Development Expert will work with subject matter experts to review existing or develop new educational curriculum for 7 TVET institutions in Yerevan and provinces of Armenia. After curriculum approval experts will build the capacity of selected TVET institutions’ relevant staff to deliver revised/newly developed educational curriculum. The developed curriculum should reflect competency needs to be identified in the Labour Market Assessment conducted by Save the Children in Armenia (currently in progress).
The expert will work closely with "EU4Youth: Better Skills for Better Future" program team of Save the Children International Armenian Representative Office. The working language of the assignment is Armenian, but certain reporting will be done in English.
Specifically, the expert will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Conduct informational sessions with subject matter experts to interpret state educational standards and curriculum guidelines
- In cooperation with subject matter experts revise/develop the educational curriculum for TVET institutions based on Labour Market Assessment recommendations and state educational standards for TVET institutions
- Conduct need assessment of selected TVET institutions’ staff to identify capacity needs for delivering revised/newly developed TVET curriculum
- In cooperation with program staff and subject matter experts integrate the components of transversal skills and entrepreneurship into the curriculum of selected TVET institutions
- In cooperation with thematic experts, train corresponding staff of selected TVET institutions to successfully deliver revised/newly developed curriculum
- Provide a detailed report on activity progress and completed tasks to "EU4Youth: Better Skills for Better Future" program team.
Qualifications and expertise
- Master’s degree in Education, social sciences or related fields;
- Minimum 5 years of experience in educational curricula development, especially for TVET institutions;
- Proven knowledge of the state educational standards;
- Extensive knowledge of the principles and practices of current educational trends in TVET sphere, specifically Work-based/Dual education principles
- Ability to maintain effective rapport with groups and individuals connected with curriculum development;
- Training design and delivery skills;
- Excellent facilitation and presentation skills;
- Excellent command of Armenian and English languages;
- Commitment to the principle of inclusion and gender equality;
The curriculum development and training delivery are expected to be performed from September 2018 to May 2019. The expert may be required to travel to different regions of Armenia.
Save the Children International Armenian Representative Office will sign a deliverable based service contract with the selected applicant.
How to apply
The application package should include:
- An up to date CV of the applicant in English including 3 references familiar with the relevant work of the applicant.
- A short cover letter (2700 characters max) in English explaining the interest, similar experience and the vision of the applicant in conducting the work.
- An example (in Armenian or English) of previously developed educational curriculum
Applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate TVET Curriculum Development Expert in the subject line of your e-mail. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be invited to interview.
Please state that you learned of this vacancy from Youth Canal website.