SAVE THE CHILDREN ARMENIA COUNTRY OFFICE
“EU4Youth: Better Skills for Better Future” regional project (2018-2020) is implemented with financial support from the European Union in three countries: Armenia, Georgia, and Ukraine. In Armenia, the project is implemented by Save the Children International Armenian Representative Office in partnership with OxYGen Foundation for Protection of Youth and Women Rights.
The overall objective of the project is to promote the entrepreneurial potential of disadvantaged youth, to ensure their increased access to education and training opportunities for greater employability and to advocate for coherent and cross-sectoral youth policies at local, regional and national levels.
Save the Children International Armenian Representative Office announces a call for tourism expert. The expert will contribute professional expertise in tourism sphere within the project’s planned activity of improving existing curriculum of selected TVET institutions in Armenia or designing new curriculum based on current/emerging labor market needs and trends.
Tasks and Responsibilities
Tourism Expert will work with curriculum development expert to review existing or develop new educational curriculum for selected TVET institutions. After curriculum approval, the expert will build the capacity of selected TVET institutions’ relevant staff to deliver revised/newly developed educational curriculum. The developed curriculum should reflect competency needs to be identified in the Labor Market Assessment conducted by Save the Children (currently in progress).
The expert will work closely with EU4Youth: Better Skills for Better Future project team of Save the Children International Armenian Representative Office. The working language of the assignment is Armenian, but certain reporting will be done in English.
Specifically, the expert will be responsible for the following tasks:
- In cooperation with curriculum development expert revise/develop TVET educational curriculum in the tourism sector based on Labor Market Research findings and recommendations as well as State Educational Standards;
- Conduct tourism related need assessment of selected TVET institutions’ staff sector to identify capacity needs for delivering newly developed curriculum;
- Apply expert knowledge and experience in Armenia’s tourism sector to ensure the revised/developed TVET curriculum reflects country-specific features;
- Adapt best practices and trends in global tourism education to Armenian context and selected TVET institutions’ needs;
- In cooperation with curriculum development expert, train corresponding staff of target TVET institutions to successfully deliver revised/developed curricula
- Provide a detailed report on activity progress and completed tasks to EU4Youth: Better Skills for Better Future project team.
Qualifications and expertise
- At least 5 years of experience in the tourism sector in Armenia;
- Extensive knowledge of modern trends and practices in Armenian tourism sector;
- Proven knowledge of best practices in the global tourism industry and education;
- Good understanding of non-formal education methodology and interactive methods;
- Training design and delivery skills;
- Excellent facilitation and presentation skills;
- Commitment to the principle of inclusion and gender equality;
- Excellent command of Armenian and English languages.
Save the Children International Armenian Representative Office will sign a service contract with a fixed daily rate with the selected applicant for the whole duration of the project.
How to apply
The application package should include:
- An up-to-date CV of the applicant in English including 3 references familiar with the relevant work of the applicant.
- A short cover letter (2700 characters max) in English explaining the interest, similar experience and the vision of the applicant in conducting the work.
Applications should be sent to email@example.com. Please indicate Tourism expert in the subject line of your e-mail. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be invited to interview.
Please state that you learned of this vacancy from Youth Canal website.