UNITED NATIONS DEVELOPMENT PROGRAMME
(Midnight New York, USA)
Type of Contract: Internship
Post Level: Intern
Languages Required: English
Starting Date(date when the selected candidate is expected to start): 04-Jun-2018
UNDP in Armenia was established in March 1993. UNDP Armenia Country Office (CO) supports the Government of Armenia, civil society and other stakeholders in meeting the country’s strategic development goals.
UNDP in Armenia assists the Government of Armenia and civil society in creating capacity and coming up with local and innovative solutions to improve quality of life and well-being of people. UNDP supports Armenia to have more empowered civil society, accountable and responsive public institutions, as well as helps addressing the challenges of resilience and environmental issues, including disaster risks reduction, energy efficiency and climate change.
UNDP’s work in Armenia is guided by Country Programme Document and its Action Plan for 2016-2020, which is in line with the UN Development Assistance Framework for 2016-2020 - both are co-signed by the Government of Armenia.
UNDP is prioritizing results-based management and quality assurance of its programme and projects. To support the country office respective works as well as programmatic and monitoring processes, UNDP Armenia aims at recruiting Intern(s) with the following duties and responsibilities.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the overall supervision of UNDP Armenia Deputy Resident Representative, Intern(s) will work under the direct supervision of Results-Based Management Associate and in a team with Communications Analyst, Executive Associate, as well as UN Resident Coordinator Office, to perform the following tasks:
- Assist in day-to-day work of programming;
- Support in results-based management, monitoring and evaluation, and quality assurance;
- Make small researches on various topics, as might be assigned;
- Support in data collection, processing, and analysis;
- Draft different documents and prepare excel spreadsheets;
- Draft blogs and articles in different areas to visualize programme results. Post information on e-platforms, as may be requested;
- Support in layout and design of communication materials (i.e. presentations, flyers, infographics, factsheets, images, etc);
- Support in producing creative and innovative visual content, to be used in communication of and advocacy for the SDGs, social media accounts, as well as other internal and external communication materials.
- Assist with non-official translation, when required;
- Support in organization of events, meetings, and workshops;
- Prepare background materials and information kits;
- Provide other support to programme and operations, as may be requested.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Experience with researching, data collection and processing, preparing groundwork information, strong skill in spread-sheeting, data processing and visualization;
- Proven strong organizational and logistics skills, experience in organizing events in coordination with parties involved;
- Ability to approach work with energy and positive and constructive attitude;
- Ability to focus on a variety of tasks within a deadline-driven environment;
- High level of motivation, ability to show initiative and work independently;
- Ability to communicate sensitively and effectively;
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills;
- Demonstrated tact, high sense of responsibility and discretion;
- Previous successful experience with UNDP is an asset.
Required Skills and Experience
Education: Applicants to the UNDP Internship programme must at the time of application meet one of the following requirements:
- Be enrolled in a graduate school programme (second university degree or
- equivalent, or higher);
- Be enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree programme (minimum Bachelor’s level or equivalent);
- Have graduated with a university degree (as defined in (a) and (b) above) and, if selected, must start the internship within one-year of graduation..
Computer skills: Proficient in MS Word, Excel and Internet. Skills related to use of office IT equipment. Experience of uploading web-based data.
Languages: Excellent written and spoken Armenian and English. Russian is an asset.
Applications shall be submitted online through http://jobs.partneragencies.net website. Hard copy and incomplete applications will not be considered.
A complete application form shall consist of: a Letter of Motivation, on-line Personal History Form (P11), CV, copies of diploma(s). Other important information can be also attached to the application.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
Please state that you learned of this vacancy from Youth Canal website.