PR AND COMMUNICATIONS EXPERT
UNITED NATIONS DEVELOPMENT PROGRAMME
(Midnight New York, USA)
Additional Category: Management
Type of Contract: Individual Contract
Post Level: National Consultant
Languages Required: English, Russian
Starting Date: (date when the selected candidate is expected to start) 01-Jul-2018
Duration of Initial Contract: 6 months (up to 120 days)
“Integrated Support to Rural Development: Building Resilient Communities” is being implemented in borderline communities of Tavush Region of the Republic of Armenia with the financial support of the Russian Federation. The overall goal of the project is to ensure balanced development of Tavush region of RA through an integrated socio-economic approach. The project aims at raising the quality of life and income level of the local population in 45 borderline communities of Tavush Region.
The objective of the current assignment is to prepare and execute a tailored PR and Communication campaign for the project to ensure project’s visibility for local and international audiences.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the overall supervision of the Project Manager, the incumbent will perform the following duties:
- Develop publicity strategies and campaigns online and offline to promote the project in Armenia and abroad;
- Design, write and/or produce presentations, press releases, articles, leaflets, ‘in-house' journals, reports, publicity brochures, information for web sites and promotional videos, draft speeches, “human stories” on Project beneficiaries and impact;
- Connect, network, and pitch relevant media to promote the project;
- Organize promotional events such as press conferences, open days, exhibitions, tours and visits;
- Categorize, systemize and serve as Project’s media documents custodian (photos, videos, etc);
- Produce photo and video evidence (photos, video clips, raw video footage, animated and static infographics, etc.) on Project activities;
- Provide guidelines for the project branding and presence development;
- Conduct regular media monitoring of the project,
- Perform other relevant tasks assigned by the Project.
Expected Outputs and Deliverables
- PR and Communication campaigns prepared and constantly executed;
- Creation of “human stories”, articles, blog posts, op-eds, photo stories on project results/beneficiaries.
- Media monitoring reports constantly prepared and submitted;
- Project media library created, systemized and regularly updated;
- Photos and videos on Project progress and results regularly produced;
- Project branding and visibility ensured;
- Support with project report preparation provided.
- Payments will be conducted monthly based on the actual number of days worked per month and submission of a report at the end of each month;
- Evaluation of delivered output is the responsibility of the Project Manager;
- UNDP reserves a right to terminate the contract at any phase if the requirements as per the TOR are not met.
- Ability to interpret results and provide practical recommendations.
- Excellent communication and analytical skills.
- Strong research and networking skills;
- High level of motivation, ability to show initiative and work independently;
- Excellent ability to write and communicate orally with accuracy and professionalism;
- Ability to communicate effectively across different constituencies;
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to establish and maintain effective work relationships with people of different social and cultural background
- Ability to deliver and reach the planned targets without undermining proper operational processes
- Creativity, flexibility and an innovative approach to problem solving
- Proven ability to work within the set time frames on multiple activities and tasks concurrently
- Excellent computer literacy, knowledge of MS Office software and web based applications.
Required Skills and Experience
- Advanced university degree in Journalism, PR and Communications or related field
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in communication, PR, media marketing or public administration
- Experience with international projects will be an asset
- Excellent knowledge of Armenian, English and Russian languages.
NDIVIDUAL CONSULTANTS WILL BE EVALUATED BASED ON THE FOLLOWING METHODOLOGY:
Candidates will be evaluated using a cumulative analysis method taking into consideration the combination of the applicants' technical qualifications, experience and financial proposal. The contract will be awarded to the individual consultant whose offer has been evaluated and determined as technically responsive/compliant/acceptable to the requirements of the ToR and received the highest cumulative (technical and financial) score out of below defined technical and financial criteria.
Only candidates obtaining a minimum of 49 points in the technical evaluation would be considered for financial evaluation.
Technical Criteria - 70% of total evaluation - max. 70 points
Financial Criteria - 30% of total evaluation - max. 30 points.
Note: The financial proposal is all-inclusive daily fee and shall take into account various expenses incurred by the consultant/contractor during the contract period (e.g. fee, health insurance, and any other relevant expenses related to the performance of services).
DOCUMENTS TO BE INCLUDED WHEN SUBMITTING THE APPLICATION.
Note: Please note you can upload only one document to this application (scan all documents in one single PDF file to attach).
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
Please state that you learned of this vacancy from Youth Canal website.