Open until filled
Wolfram, creator of Mathematica, Wolfram|Alpha and the Wolfram Language, has an opportunity for a Software Engineer with a diverse skill set to work in its Algorithms R&D department. This position will entail collaborating with multiple teams to produce projects of varying sizes and levels of complexity. Wolfram is looking for someone to develop C/C++ and Wolfram Language code and combine it with the existing framework, which enables the seamless integration of data from a vast collection of file formats with the semantically rich and powerful computation environment of the Wolfram Language. You will be in a position to bridge the data-rich world with an excitingly innovative and powerful computation, analytics and visualization technology stack, as well as be trained by the best mentors in the field.
- Developing C/C++ and Wolfram Language code and integrating it with the existing framework,
- Working with QA to maintain and extend testing procedures,
- Working with Technical Support to diagnose user issues and support shipping functionality,
- Participating in product design and providing feedback based on experience and expertise,
- Participating in writing user and internal documentation,
- Providing training/support for downstream development teams using/developing the functionality,
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, science or similar technical field providing development experience,
- Strong knowledge of C/C++ programming,
- Familiarity with version control systems,
- Fluent in English,
- Strong communication skills,
- Ability to work in a team as well as individually.
- Master’s degree (or higher) in computer science, engineering, science or similar technical field providing development experience,
- Minimum 2 years of experience and strong knowledge of C and C++,
- Experience with the Wolfram Language,
- Experience researching and developing code to complex standards and specifications,
- Comfort with a wide range of programming paradigms, including functional and object-oriented,
- Ability to develop for multiple platforms, including Windows, Mac and Linux,
- Experience working in a software production environment, including proficiency with IDEs, version control systems and best software engineering practices.
APPLY ON COMPANY SITE
Please state that you learned of this vacancy from Youth Canal website.